1,354 results
All reviewstallest buildingthe upper floorstop floorwithin walking distancebreakfast buffetlincoln siteslincoln homeper dayfront desk staffdowntown areafitness centerbeds were comfortablestaff was friendlyindoor poolstarbucksconferencemuseum
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We would stay here again!!! Visited over Labor Day weekend in September. We arrived around noon on a Saturday to find that the room was ready. I was expecting the...please return at 3 pm for check-in response. Location, location, location, great hotel staff service, and clean room. If you are planning a historical site visit...the Hilton is the place to be...within 1-3 blocks walking distance of all historic sites (Lincoln-Herndon Law Office, Old State Capital, Lincoln Home, & Presidential Museum. Only sites that you have to drive to are the Lincoln Tomb and New Salem, which were not far. We parked our car on a nearby street when we got there on Saturday, didn't move it until Monday, and didn't pay a cent...parking on the street is free on weekends and Holidays. Room was very clean, absolutely no problems. Bed was comfortable and the hotel staff honored our requests (high level and away from elevator/ice machine). The continental breakfast in the morning was great and reasonably priced, especially on Sunday when most places in town are closed. All staff in the hotel and restaurants were wonderful and helpful. We ate at Bennigan's one night and enjoyed the meal. Pool was somewhat small...there is no hot tub, so that may play a role if you are traveling with kids. Only negative comment was the nearby train, however all hotels in the area would experience the same noise. Hotel was in a great, safe location. Overall a great visit and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the ice machines and elevators. Higher level floors have a great view of Springfield...may want to request the side of the building which has a view of the old and new State Capitals and sites.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravellingJen13
MFear, Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

TravellingJen13,

Thank you for taking the time to post your very thorough review. I am delighted to hear our location suited you well. Springfield is working on a plan to control the train noise for all of downtown. We hope they will reach a resolution soon. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We arrived in what seemed like a monsoon. The rain was coming down so hard. Still a very friendly bellman came out and emptied our car and valet parked it for us while we stayed in the lobby nice and dry. I can't remember his name but he deserves combat pay. I found most of the staff to be very fiendly also which made the stay that more enjoyable. The hotel 30 stories and stands out from miles away. The rooms were fine and I enjoyed watching the HD channels while waiting for the rain to end. They must have offered at least 20 channels. Most hotels only offer a couple, if any at all. Ordered room service and it came right away and the tray was removed and didn't sit in the hall like some hotels. Food was good. Also had a chance to try the Steakhouse on the top floor. That was Fabulous. Never had a better meal.

Internet reception was good and FREE.

My only complaint was that it took a while to get my car out of valet (10 minutes) but they were very busy at the time when I wanted to leave.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Mark M W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I will pass your comments about our bellstaff on to them. It is wonderful to hear they were so helpful. We hope you will be staying with us soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Rooms were very comfortable but the air conditioning could be a bit noisy kicking off and on. Heard many trains going by at various hours fo the night and early morning. If you are a light sleeper, you may want to book a room that is the farthest away from the tracks. (not sure if that is possible). Bathroom had no fan so it was hard to get the humidity out and get ready for the wedding reception we were attending. Fitness facility had everything you could ask for and many guests were enjoying the pool as witnessed through the glass of the workout room. Overall we enjoyed our stay but addressing some of the items above would move my opinion higher.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MFear, Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

traveljunkie_MO,

Thank you for staying with us. The city of Springfield is working on consolidating the number of trains that run through Springfield and the time of day they run. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our Fitness Center. I hope you had a great time at the wedding. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Have stayed at this Hilton multiple times. Unfortunately, my last stay left me with a little souvenir...bed bugs.

I woke up after my first night of the trip to find tiny, itchy, red bug bites on my stomach. Being unfamiliar with the nature of bedbugs, I brushed it off as bad luck, called the Hilton to let them know (if I said they sounded shocked, I'd be lying).

A few days later I headed home to Chicago, only to discover the bedbugs from the Springfield Hilton had somehow gotten into my belongings and continued the feeding frenzy in my downtown apartment.

Three weeks, a few hundred dollars, and a visit from the exterminator finally allowed me to sleep peacefully at night and wake up bite free.

Please take caution if you book at this hotel. Check all the mattresses and sheets extra carefully for signs of bedbugs.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank Kt82288

Kt82288,

I want to assure you that we take our guests comments very seriously. The health and safety of our guests is our utmost concern. To that end, we maintain a regularly scheduled pest prevention program. Please contact me directly so we can discuss your comments further. Since we have no record of any type of pest activity in the month of January, we would also like to make sure you have contacted the correct Hilton Springfield – as there are 5 in the United States.