1,366 results
All reviews tallest building the upper floors top floor within walking distance breakfast buffet lincoln sites lincoln home per day front desk staff downtown area beds were comfortable fitness center staff was friendly indoor pool starbucks conference museum
Reviewed April 28, 2012

My Anniversary: None of the amenities listed as included with my suite, were there. and i mean none. was suppose to have premium satellite-wrong. said i should have had a gaming console-wrong. said i was suppose to have a tv in my "ensuite" bathroom-also wrong. Bath tub had a ring of filth around it, carpet was poorly installed, and the ceiling even had mis-matched shades of white. Customer service after the fact has been nothing short of the worst ever. I will book a super 8 before i EVER stay at this Hilton again.

Room Tip: DON'T BOOK HERE, worst hilton there is.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Technically I'm sure this hotel offers the amenities required to be a HIlton, but at the bare minimum. It isn't terrible, just not up to stuff. I am a Diamond HHonors member, so I stay at lots of Hilton brand hotels and this one doesn't live up. If you keep your expectations in check, you'll be OK here. It isn't terrible, just sort of misses the mark.

The location is perfect for the Lincoln sites, just two blocks from the LIncoln Home and the same in the other direction for the library and museum. Other Springfield sites, restaurants and bars are right around the corner or within easy walking distance. From that standpoint, this hotel can't be beat. There is another hotel across the street that looks nicer from the outside, but I'm not sure it is any better on the inside. The staff at the Hilton is helpful and pleasant, no complaints there at all.

Our room on the 24th floor (of 30) was OK for a very dated circular tower design. The bathroom looks like it was partially re-done in the past few years, but it is already dated and worn. The room is spacious toward the outside edge since it is pie-shaped, but there is no comfortable seating, only a desk chair. Our LCD TV didn't receive network channels, only cable. The decor is fairly standard and was in good shape except for the carpet that was rippled at the edges. the lampshades should be replaced soon. The windows look like they haven't been washed since the hotel was built in the 1970's which only serves to emphasize the overall dusty and dingy atmosphere. Everywhere in the room that isn't used frequently is very dusty, especially the edges of the carpet, corners and furniture ledges. I wouldn't call it filthy, but it wasn't spotless either. The beds and linens were nice and comfortable. The bathroom was dingy from wear and I especially hated the varying water temperature that changed quickly from warm to scalding hot with no warning.

As for the creaking everyone is writing about, it wasn't bothersome. Weird yes, but it wasn't enough to keep us awake. The frequent train whistles are far more likely to disturb a light sleeper, but that will be common to any downtown hotel. The noises from the building are like steel tension cables being stretched, not bad in my opinion, and it was very windy when we were there. We didn't hear any noise from neighboring rooms, but everything from the corridor was easily heard.

The hotel casual restaurant is a Bennigan's on the lobby level. It was inexpensive and serves adequate food. Service was fine. We didn't try the steakhouse on the top floor. There is also a Starbucks off the lobby and a couple of shops. There is a hair salon, but no spa.

A breakfast buffet is served in a separate room set aside for this purpose. It was $11.95 for the full buffet or $8.95 for continental. There is also an ala carte menu, but I didn't see it. My breakfast was included, so I had the buffet and it was good with lots of choices. Service was prompt and the food was kept stocked until the last minute. I liked that breakfast is available until 11:00am every day. It was never crowded over the three days we were there, although the hotel seemed fairly busy.

Overall, this is a big, outdated conference venue. Like I said, it isn't terrible and if I visited Springfield again for the LIncoln sties I might stay here again using points or if I got a very reduced rate. There is no way I'd pay rack rates for this hotel. If I had to pay full price I'd rather stay at the Hilton Garden Inn by the interstate a few miles away.

Room Tip: Choose a lower floor for less of the creaking noise if it is windy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
MFear, Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Davegidd,
Thank you for the thorough review and for writing in detail about the various services you experienced with us. I also appreciate you pointing out some of the housekeeping related issues you noticed. This will serve as an example to our housekeeping staff of what we need to make sure they pay attention to.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We travelled here with our two young children. We were able to walk to all the places we wanted to see in Springfield: Old State Capitol, Lincoln Museum, Lincoln Home, Lincoln Herndon Law Offices, new State Capitol. The hotel was clean and comfortable, and the kids liked the pool. One caveat: there is not a legitimate convenience store anywhere in walking distance, so bring what you need!

Room Tip: You might ask for a room with a view of the Capitol.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Meg R,
Thanks for staying with. We appreciate your business. Hope to see you and the family again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

The Hilton Springfield is overall a nice hotel, clean, people are friendly. However, the buliding is constructed to creak and move in the wind and it is loud if you are there on a windy night. Our three year old could not sleep despite a sound machine that he always uses. The hotel warned us and let us know ear plugs were available upon check in. I cannot sleep with ear plugs and therefore could not sleep. The Lincoln Presidential across the street looked just as nice without this problem. The indoor pool is very small, and there is no hot tub. If you are a heavy sleeper stay here but if you are a light sleeper, beware.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nomilf

Nomilf,
I am sorry to hear that the wind caused you problems during your stay. If you choose to stay with us again, I would recommend requesting a room on a lower floor. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Not really fair to judge this against big city hotels, but I'm doing it anyway. We were given two rooms on a high floor and yikes - it brought back memories of a dorm room! The first set of rooms we were given weren't connecting (family vacation) and we were moved to a lower floor (9th). Rooms were much better there. I would much rather sacrifice the view - it's Springfield, not Manhattan - and get a marginally better room. Breakfast was included as frequent Hilton members. It was pretty good. The location for this hotel is great. Can walk to everything. Not sure how important that is, though. There appears to be a lot of available parking in the area. If it's peak season and you never want to move your car, the hotel across the street looked a little nicer. Oh - no hot tub. Bummer for the kids.

Room Tip: We found rooms on a lower floor to be larger and better shaped than those in the tower.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Schellgirl,
I appreciate you leaving this review of your recent stay. I am sorry our rooms were not as big as you would have liked, but with the unique shape of our building, our rooms have to be a bit atypical.
Thank you again for choosing us.