1,366 results
All reviews tallest building the upper floors top floor within walking distance breakfast buffet lincoln sites lincoln home per day front desk staff downtown area beds were comfortable fitness center staff was friendly indoor pool starbucks conference museum
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I read some reviews that talked about how the hotel needed updating. The hotel had been updated!! I could not have asked for anything more! Breakfast was excellent, staff very helpful, and friendly! Close to Lincoln sites, GREAT choice for family trip to Springfield!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Our family had a wonderful experience at the Hilton Springfield. The room was clean and nicely furnished. The bed was comfortable (NO signs of bed bugs), and we got a great night sleep both nights of our stay. The breakfast buffet had many selections and was maintained wonderfully.
There was some popping sound at night. I understand it was due to the wind blowing that night. The next night was perfectly quiet all night.
Children enjoyed the pool the two nights we were there!
Wi-Fi worked great for our two laptops.
Great location! We were able to walk to Lincoln sites on an unseasonably warm March day in Springfield.
My husband and I were interested in watching a NCAA game. Bennigan's let us change the channel during our meal and hang out until the end of the game.
My children wanted to see the 30th floor of the hotel, which was not currently opened. The front desk called security, which took us on a private tour of the 30th floor.
After reading some reviews, we were a little concerned about our stay. But, it was a clean, comfortable, and overall wonderful stay. My family highly recommends it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AlisonJo71
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed on the 16 floor in a king no smoking. The room is so cool. The bedding is high quallty sheets, duvet covered cown comforter...lots of pillows..leather chair and ottomoan..LDC 37" TV...desk..free wi-fi and parking...very cool coffee maker...great view of the capitol. You can't beat the location. You don't have free breakfast or a refrigerator in a room, but those gimmicks aren't my thing anyway. I really enjoyed my stay there and
I will definetly go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I stayed at the Hilton in Springfield in Feb of 2011 for two nights. I was in town to check out all of the Abraham Lincoln sites and this hotel was the perfect location. I was able to walk to Lincoln's house, The Lincoln Museum and Library, Lincoln's law office, and the old state capital. The only place we had to drive was to Lincoln's Tomb, which was less than 10 min. The only downside to the hotel was the non smoking rooms were completely booked, so I booked a smoking room thinking it wouldn't make much of a difference(I am a non smoker). I was wrong. You can tell the second you step off of the elevator that its a smoking floor. The same with the room. Especially after you shower, the heat only makes the smell worse. Also, the room didn't have a refrigerator, which was okay since I was only there a few days. Other than that, it was a great location for all things Lincoln. I would definitely stay there again, just in a non smoking room.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Let me assure you that that hotel does not have any of the qualities expected from a Hilton - avoid this overpriced dump at all costs.

** Noise: My room on the 9th floor was filled with a loud and constant creaking noise that seemed to be caused by expansion noise from pipes in the ceiling. The windows and metal exterior outside my room also shook loudly with the slightest breeze. Even ear plugs couldn't fully block out the noise. There is no insulation between the walls, so I also got to hear every conversation that took place in my neighbor's room.

** Filthy Rooms: All of the windows in the place were caked with dirt. The fantastically soiled windows you see in the ride up the elevator are just a preview of what you'll find in your guest room.

They claim that the hotel was recently "renovated," which may be the case in the lobby, however the the rooms are 1960's era and old and dingy, with dirty and stained carpets. The towels were all worn down and several had stains or hair embedded in them.

As a frequent business traveler, I always do a quick scan for evidence of bed bugs on first arrival, and my room had them in abundance. Lifting up the sheets and mattress cover revealed a mattress covered in telltale brown stains all along the side, concentrated near the head board area. I didn't find any live bedbugs, however I was sufficiently concerned that I attempted to relocate rooms, but was rebuffed by Jeff, the front desk manager, who made the incredible claim that no Hilton hotels had ever had a report of bedbugs.

** Terrible Customer Service: The front desk staff is rude and unhelpful. Even a small request to schedule a wake up call is met with a kind of passive aggressive hostility.

Jeff, the rude front desk manager, deserves a special mention for his open hostility.

** No Internet: During my entire 5 night say, the wireless internet was not functional. The front desk staff couldn't provide any information on when it would be fixed and they clearly indicated that internet problems were more the norm than the exception.

To summarize, do not stay here - the location of this hotel may be convenient, however that does not even begin to make up for the ordeal I went through at this place.

If you're looking for a hotel in Springfield Ill, then consider the Statehouse Inn just a few blocks away, where the clean accommodations and attentive staff resulted in several great stays for me.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business