1,338 results
All reviews double tree cookies front desk abraham lincoln convention center within walking distance parking garage nice hotel room service heart of downtown old state capitol per day breakfast buffet business trip upon check historical sites would definitely stay here again
Reviewed June 28, 2016

Located in the heart of Springfield, the hotel is convient to the Lincoln Presidential Museum and Library, as well as the Lincoln home and most other attractions. Self-parking is easy to access and very reasonably priced. The hotel staff was friendly and very welcoming. The rooms are clean, well appointed and very comfortable. We look forward to staying here next time we visit Springfield.

Room tip: Ask for an upper level, Capitol view room.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Robert S, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2016

Dear Great2baHawkeye,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your great experiences on Trip Advisor. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2016

I am going to go through the bullet points below.
1. I ended up on the 3rd floor as a diamond member
2. The staff seem to argue with each other alot.
3. The plumbing kind of worked sometimes
4. Housekeeping is less than pristine - you don't want to know .
5. I did not complain to the front desk for fear of what they might do next.
6. My colleague who was on 12th floor could not get his room to cool , they offered to open a window ( It was 97 degrees outside ) . He complained onsite enough for the both of us.
7. Slight mildew smell in my room made me use air freshener religiously.

Seriously try across the street.

Room tip: try 7th floor for hh honors maybe ? Or 12 th if not in summer?

Dear Jenn Q,

Thank you for being a Diamond Member of our HHonors program. With that, I am sorry it took you to go to Trip Advisor to display your dissatisfaction. As you know, Hilton is very focused on hospitality and delivering on our Hilton HHonors rewards.

Please contact me directly, as I am sure we can turn this around. As a loyalist to Hilton, I am sure you can appreciate this olive branch. My cellphone is 612-432-3506.

Sincere Regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2016

It's a ok hotel for its price range, clean room and quality bed and liens. Sink was severely clogged and most places I stay in this price range offer a complimentary breakfast, this hotel does not. Staff is friendly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed June 26, 2016

I made reservations for this hotel in Jan. 2016 for 5 double rooms and 1 queen room for a convention held this past week (June 22-25). I was given confirmation room numbers and was assured that I had the "convention rate". Upon arriving, no problem, but within 24 hours, we had two rooms that their keys would not work...one person had to go down to the front desk and pay for her room in CASH (these rooms were all secured by my credit card) before they would let her back into her room .....OH...she was escorted to her room by someone and made to prove who she was also! This happened over and over throughout our 4 night stay. Many rooms were not made up until well after 3:00 in the afternoon and not properly] supplied with cups nor glasses. I have been a Hilton Honors member for years and have never had such problems as I did with this group AND my room also. We made many trips to the front desk to try and solve the problems...and OH the problems!!!!! This experience should never have happened and makes me want to switch to Marriott! I was embarrassed for my group, for each of us and for this hotel. If you are traveling to Springfield, IL....do not stay at the President Abraham Lincoln by DoubleTree. It should not have the name "Hilton" associated with it!

Room tip: Go elsewhere!
2  Thank ntune

Dear Ntune,

I very much appreciated our conversation on the phone. Again, thank you for staying with us and thank you for the feedback.

I am glad you took appreciation to the fact that we follow very close security protocol, and didn't just let someone into a room without proper identification. While this may seem inconvenient at the ime, this type of focus on security is what many of our guests appreciate in our hotel.

We look forward to you and your fabulous group staying with us again next year.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 26, 2016

Amazing location within walking distance of Lincoln's life in Springfield. We parked the car when arrived and didn't touch it until we left. We visited the Lincoln Museum and Library, the Old State Capital Building, as well as Lincoln's law office and home.

The staff was excellent - friendly and responsive. My only complaints were the "water saving" plumbing and the overly firm bed.

• Trip type: Traveled with family