“Easy Access to Lincoln Sites”

President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
“Easy Access to Lincoln Sites”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hotel is in downtown Springfield with a parking garage attached. Easy access to all the Lincoln sites near by. The accommodations are very pleasant with a walk-in shower, large room, king size bed and many channels on the TV. The bar is single woman friendly. A number of restaurants are within walking distance. A few Lincoln sites and the Frank Lloyd Wright Dana-Thomas House are a bit further away but worth the time.
Staff are friendly and very willing to help with what ever your needs are. The convention center is right next door if you are coming to town for a conference. Lobby and room decorations are very tasteful. Room was very clean.
Overall, I would say this is a great place to stay in the downtown area. This is my third time staying in this hotel and it has been consistently good service and clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
NiceBogdanovich, Public Relations Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that you had an excellent experience at the President Abraham Lincoln Springfield-a DoubleTree by Hilton. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the Globe Bar and location of the hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Springfield.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Wisconsin
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I went to Springfield for an overnight vacation to see the Lincoln sights around town with my dad. This was a great place to stay. The location was perfect! We were able to walk everywhere. We weren't in the room very long, but I noticed it was very clean and the staff was very nice. FREE WARM COOKIES AT CHECK-IN! WIN! Didn't check out the pool or exercise facility, so I can't comment on that. We also didn't eat breakfast here, so I'm not sure if that's any good. The room was spacious and clean. I liked the Lincoln artwork hanging up, it shows a good attention to detail. The bed a very comfortable, I got a great night sleep! We were on the 10th floor and got a great view of the city! I would return!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that you had an excellent experience at the President Abraham Lincoln Springfield-a DoubleTree by Hilton. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the location of the hotel and loved the DoubleTree cookies! If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Springfield.

Herrin, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is just recently (Oct 2013) a DoubleTree by Hilton. I arrived very late and was greeted almost immediately by the valet. The front desk was readily staffed and check in was very easy. I have already recommended this hotel and will continue to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that you had an excellent experience at the President Abraham Lincoln Springfield-a DoubleTree by Hilton. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Springfield.

St. Louis, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

In all of my years of travel, this was one of my best experiences so far! The hotel was nice. My room, a suite, was comfortable, clean and beautifully decorated. I attended an event here. The dinner was delicious and the ballroom was perfect. The staff at this hotel was warm and friendly. I will return!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that you had an excellent experience at the President Abraham Lincoln Springfield-a DoubleTree by Hilton. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the dinner, your spacious suite and the location of the hotel. Thank you for mentioning about our friendly staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Springfield.

Cerro Gordo, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We recently spent one night at this nice hotel in the heart of Springfield's Lincoln sites. Our room was 612. It was on the side of the hotel where there is a bar and a street festival was going on there as well. It was a bit loud but we got a good night's sleep anyway. The bed was very comfortable. The decorating was nice- several Lincoln themed art works. The staff was very nice. I grabbed an apple from the front desk and went to the office center where I used one of their computers. It was complimentary internet. We were with a large group that were sailing on the Spirit of Peoria Rvierboat. The hotel had a nice buffet breakfast waiting for us. It was just a short bus ride to the Abraham Lincoln Museum from the hotel- maybe 2 blocks.
I would recommend this fine hotel.

Room Tip: Room 612 was on the side of the street where there is a bar and possibility of an occasional street...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that you had an excellent experience at the President Abraham Lincoln Springfield-a DoubleTree by Hilton. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the breakfast and the location of the hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Springfield.

Park Ridge, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The President Lincoln Doubletree Hotel staff assisted me when I left my binder and notes in my room after a funeral. They arranged to have it sent to me in two days. Their thoughtfulness and professionalism helped me at a difficult time. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a caring staff and wonderful surroundings. Jane Wagoner janewwc@aol.com

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that you had a very good experience at the President Abraham Lincoln Springfield-a DoubleTree by Hilton. Thank you for mentioning about our professional and thoughtful staff. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Springfield.

Pesotum, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We always enjoy ourselves here,Pool area needs updates and the resturaunt leaves alot to be desired,however the rest of the Hotel makes up for this!The Lobby is great,We have been comming here for everyear of the route 66 mother rod festival and the staff is very good on dealing with all of the different people the car show brings in.And it is very Historic as well as clean!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family