President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
New York City, New York
“Business Trip”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotels front desk staff and wait staff are excellent, they went above and beyond my experiences at the hotel. The location is perfect to see the various Springfield sites, Lincolns home, Dana Thomas Home (Frank Lloyd Wright design), and Lincoln's tomb; The food was great;

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

NiceBogdanovich, Public Relations Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that you had an excellent experience at the President Abraham Lincoln Springfield-a DoubleTree by Hilton. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the food and the location of the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Springfield.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Auburn, AL, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

As a conference attendee my experience was poor, but the room and front desk staff were satisfactory. The room was comfortable. Room service was first rate. Conference food was terrible and banquet wait staff was rude.

Northern Illinois
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We enjoyed the location, the cleanliness of the hotel, the food was reasonably priced, and the room was clean. I did have trouble sleeping because the bed was too firm for my comfort in sleeping. My sister said their bed was comfortable to sleep in...so I am just used to a pillow top mattress I guess. The location is wonderful. We didn't use the car to go to many sites in Springfield.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Reno, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We attended a 4-day conference at this hotel and enjoyed our entire stay. The beds were very comfy, the noise (on the 11th floor) was minimal, and the bedrooms and bathrooms were very clean. Overall I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was and if I were to visit Springfield, IL again, I would definitely try to stay at the DoubleTree!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We arrived WAYYYY late from the Amtrak to find friendly staff awaiting us close to midnight. They even offered us warm cookies! Hello? "JOSH" I believe is who helped us with our family bags and finite details for the rest of our weekly stay. (We love you!!!) Every time we left to site see or returned to rest there were smiling faces and more often then not the hotel manager Jeff. (we were there for a week) I don't usually order room service, but did the second day for breakfast and it arrived promptly, warm, and delish! (Ordered the Horseshoe breakfast) Room service here is less than many other hotels we've visited in cities. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! Within short blocks of Lincolns home, the original state capitol, and historical homes by Vachel Lindsey and Frank Lloyd Wright. Our room was on the 11th floor. The BEST bed we have EVER slept in while traveling, and the bathroom was so clean! The lobby was humming every morning with people at convention and state officials. We loved it. Clean room, nice view, ABOVE and BEYOND friendly staff and reasonable rates for a downtown in a historical district with a perfect location. We plan on coming back to Springfield in 2015 for the marathon, site seeing, restaurant hopping, and staying in one of our new favorite hotels. THANK YOU JEFF and your AMAZING staff! -The Beams and Rusters

Room Tip: We stayed on the 11th floor and our rooms were lovely! Large bath and flat screens with amazingly co...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Amherst, OH
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were in town for a convention. (Actually the International Radon Symposium.) I spent most of the time in seminars or working.My wife spent most of her time at the pool or walking around town. The hotel is very pleasant. The staff extremely helpful. The beds - well lets just say that neither my wife nor I have slept that well in years - They were Great!. If you fine yourself in Springfield. Don't hesitate to take advantage of the President Abraham Lincoln DoubleTree.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Introduction: I was part of a large group tour and had no choice as to room preference. I was assigned a handicap room by the elevator, my least preferred location.

The Room: The spacious room had a nice décor, good furniture and an LG flat screen TV. There was no easy chair or desk, just a table with two chairs. The lighting could have been better. The room contained a safe and refrigerator.

The Bathroom: NOTHING functioned properly in the bathroom. (1) The bathtub wouldn't stop dripping. I made sure the water was tightly turned off. Didn't help. I then turned to the shower position to see if the dripping would stop. It didn't. Also, every several minutes the drain would gurgle. Drip, drip, drip, gurgle, gurgle, drip, drip, drip. I shut the door to see if that would mute the sound. It didn't. Drip, drip, drip, gurgle, gurgle. (2) Being a handicapped room, there was no counter and the sink did not have much depth. It did not drain well and the sink backed up; not good when it wasn't very deep to begin with. (3) And now to the toilet. When flushing, the water would not stop running unless you manually raised the flush handle. Just about the most dysfunctional bathroom I've encountered. But, hey, the toiletries were nice.

Why Didn't I Change Rooms? I was part of a group tour and instructed to leave my luggage inside the room for pickup by the hotel staff in the morning. I feared there might be a communications gap and my luggage would be "lost" for continuation of the trip if I moved, assuming a room was even available.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Travelers also viewed these Springfield hotels
The State House Inn - an Ascend Collection Hotel
#8 of 38 in Springfield
Carpenter Street Hotel
Carpenter Street Hotel
#12 of 38 in Springfield

Been to President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Property: President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Address: 701 E Adams St, Springfield, IL 62701-1616 (Formerly President Abraham Lincoln Hotel & Conference Center)
Location: United States > Illinois > Springfield
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Romantic Hotel in Springfield
#3 Business Hotel in Springfield
#6 Family Hotel in Springfield
Hotel Class:3 star — President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel 3*
Discover the newly renovated President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel. Our Springfield, IL hotel is located in the heart of historic downtown Springfield, walking distance to Lincoln's home and the presidential musuem. Known for its exceptional service, attention to detail and exquisite cuisine. Discover our one of a kind hotel where guests become a part of the family. The atmosphere is both stimulating and comfortable, featuring a colorful palate of rich patterns and textures while providing the amenities to make you feel at home. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
President Abraham Lincoln Hotel And Confernece Center