“So so”

Red Roof Inn Springfield
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stay in a lot of Red Roof Inns around the Midwest. This one is due for renovation starting in a month or so. I stayed in a Superior King room for 3 days from December 12 to 14. The staff were very nice and helpful, and the price of $43 (using my AAA discount) was good. This RRI has not been renovated though. The carpet was visibly dirty around the edges, the furniture was dinged up all over and of the cheapest particle board I've ever seen. It is ready for the dumpster! It was the kind of room where you don't want to touch anything except the clean sheets and towels. I complained about the dirt (you could write your name in the dust around the TV) but there was no change when I came back to the room that evening. The positives were price, friendly staff, and good coffee. Everything else was a negative. I probably will skip this RRI until they get their renovation done. But the housekeeping will also need improvement.

Room Tip: In any Red Roof Inn, the Superior King gives you more space, lighting, fridge, microwave and big des...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Springfield

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have been unemployed, homeless, and living out of my car since May 2013. Every time my unemployment paid me, I always called Patrick first to make sure my favorite room, room 132 was available. When I had the weight of the world sitting on my shoulders and I didn't know what to do next, I could always count on him and his staff to make me feel a little better about the situation and they always gave me a nice, quiet place to think things over, figure some things out, or just recuperate from traveling. Though my situation hasn't changed, I look forward to getting back with them just as soon as something changes in my favor so I can earn that free night. Red Roof Inn always comes through for me, it's conveniently located, and Patrick and his staff always make me feel fussed over and some kind of normal, by my standards anyway. They even price their rooms conveniently and in affordable fashion.

Room Tip: Somehow, it's quieter on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have been on this Hotel for one night, the service of the hotel very good! They gave us all we want when we want. Especially David Wilson is very gentle, he was so kind with us, and his attention was excelent giving us all we want.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have had pleasant stays at red Roof inn in Springfield on more than few occasions and was very happy and satisfied with their friendly staff,cleanliness and easy access y in the city.
i would recommend this motel to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The man behind the front desk was friendly, but when we opened our room, we experienced a very bad and strong smell, like ten wet dogs. Returned to the front the desk, the manager explained, that this is a pet friendly motel, but we were offered to change the room, what we did. The next morning i recognized two bugs on my bed, dont know if bedbugs or cockroach....it was just disgusting! Never would stay in this Motel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This place is absolutely disgusting. Tried to check me into a room that hadn't been cleaned, full bowel movement in toilet, used towels everywhere. Decades old TVs. 56k WiFi speeds. Took a full 10 minutes for Tripadvisor to load. Leave now. Leave. Now.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
rrispringfield, Manager at Red Roof Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for taking a time a doing this survey for us and I am very sorry for bad experience at your stay.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My dad booked two rooms for the night. We checked in and there was one man working the front desk. He said it was one of the busiest nights. The hotel was booked solid because of the state fair. The man at the desk was a little rude, but he apologized. We got to our room, there was no hairdryer. We had to go to my dad's room to use his. The drain in the shower drained very very slowly. I dropped something so I got on the floor to pick it up and under one of the beds was a half empty bottle of Gatorade. It was literally right there, so if they would've bent down, they could've picked it up. We got home from the concert we were going to and I pulled back the sheets to find a smallfeces smear on my bed. There were red stains on the carpet. When we first got there, we went past the front desk to go to the vending machines. A man was complaining about his bed not being made. We called to get more towels and were very rudely told that they could not bring us towels, that we would have to get them ourselves. It was in a nice part of town, but was a shady hotel. $49 a night can't get you too nice of a room though. Ya get what you pay for I guess.

• Stayed: August 2013