State House Inn
$92
$74
Comfort Suites(Springfield)
$100
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$76
$95
$80
$99
$84
Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$60
All reviewslincoln museummid centuryretro decorwaffleswithin walking distancemad mensausagepotatoesking suitedowntown springfieldamtrak stationcapital buildingseparate bedroomfree hot breakfasthotel barbusiness centerhistoric sites
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here while helping to man a booth for my organization at the Illinois Horse Fair. I have stayed here before and it was as enjoyable this year as last. The staff was very accommodating and polite and helpful and the rooms, while on the smallish side and did have rather dated TV's, were very well kept and clean. The common areas were very nice with modern décor and very clean. The breakfast was very good with a great selection and plenty of seating - when the dining room filled up they opened the bar area for us to sit in - I thought that was very thoughtful! All in all, I enjoyed my stay here this year and look forward to coming back to Springfield and staying here again very soon! Thanks!

Room Tip: Higher up might be quieter and the elevators are very speedy (two of them). The ice machines are on even floors (2, 4, 6, 8) and there is a guest laundry on the first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The room was nice. Had a street side view which was nice. If you get the otherside then you will here the trains running all night long. I did not here any on the street side. The televisions need to be updated from the old tube tv to the flatscreens. The staff were friendly and accomadating. Beds were comfortable, but who sleeps on a little square pillow. Really!! This place really needs some updating.

Room Tip: If you need to be close to the capital and state buildings it is very close.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This hotel is located in the middle of it all. However, the decor is mid-century modern with all of the furniture being very low to the ground. That is ok unless you have problems with bending. Our room was very small but was ok. The hot breakfast was average at best. The eggs were cold but everything else was ok.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Spent 2 nights here . I'll say upfront the staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a 1 bedroom suite with King bed. The sitting area decor was out of the 60's maybe.... The Tv's reflected the time period.... "Zenith". Need I say more. The common areas were dated , hallways and elevators. I slept fine, but my husband was not so comfortable. There was a breeze in our room , not quite sure where it was from. We had a fridge, microwave and sink. I was impressed with the size of the room and everything seemed clean. Complimentary robes was a plus. That being said, it was close to downtown Springfield. We had a Travelzoo Lincoln package for 2 nights. This included 2 tix to musuem, $25 coupon for lunch at Cafe Brio', Nice complimentary breakfast . Breakfast staff was extremely helpful . 2 house drinks in the No Name Bar was also included for $99 a night.....Well worth it. Yes I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The State House Inn is a very nicely located hotel near all the attractions. The hotel and staff were great. I took another reviewers advice and brought my own pillow. The bed is incredibly comfortable but the pillows are small. I will certainly stay again when I am in town.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business