“What a fun place to stay!”

Route 66 Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed January 19, 2013

In town for a wedding that was at this hotel.
Just checking in from a long drive I was so tired. Hit the front desk and they couldn't have been nicer. Getting checked in was a breeze finding the room, no problem. The staff was so helpful and polite. Got into the room and it was bright and clean. if you are like me you will love these rooms I am sensitive to perfumes and odors I was happy to find my room had that fresh and clean feel. Check the bathroom!!! Amen? Very happy!
Tired but hungry so I went to the hotel restaurant Yesterday's. How cool! My waitress suggested something called the HORSESHOE? OMG so great! KILL me now I could DIE happy! BUTT I needed a workout. The front desk gave me a pass to Fit Club very nice place. The wedding was a hit! The Banquet Room was Beautiful! The staff again very professional and efficient. I remember dancing like a freak but I vaguely remember the next day or even leaving for that matter. I think I did crawl to the pool for an hour. Or maybe that part was a dream.. I had a wonderful time. For a clean fresh fun place to stay for a night, weekend or a special event this is the place.

Room Tip: I stayed in 106 it was a pretty nice room. Quiet not much noise. I did not use room service.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Route 66 Hotel And Conference Center

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I enjoy staying at the Route 66 Hotel and Conference Center. We always choose Route 66 when we are in town. The staff is friendly and the owners are helpful and great to work with on special events. The 50's decor is fun, the restaurant has great food at good prices, the rooms are always clean and comfortable. We have held one large event there and will be using the Conference Center again real soon for a lunch group for around 300 people. It has become our home away from home when we're in town. Looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have friends who live in Springfield, so have stayed at the Route 66 many times. The prices are always excellent and rooms are always clean, however they are a little dated. They've recently added a new bar area which is awesome, as well as a Donnie B's comedy club onsite. Add their nice pool & friendly staff... It makes for an affordable and nice stay.

Room Tip: Main hallways a little noisy at night, so get one off the beaten track.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here for one night whilst travelling along the 66, rooms are dated but extremely clean, Motel is like a museum which is pretty cool. My partner and I had a really good night’s sleep here.

Springfield is slightly disappointing and we found ourselves eating in McDonalds. I really recommend this motel, its perfectly acceptable for one night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

They have remodeled this well established ROUTE 66 location. Everywhere, cars, photos, displays.....like a FREE museum of the MOTHER ROAD. The room was perfect and location was so easy to get to from I55. One desk man, ZACK was so helpful he deserves a good pat on the back and the young lady working earlier that day.....the photograper.....I loved her smile and
easy to talk with and knew where I wanted to visit while in Springfield.
DonnieB's Comedy Club a comical hit......great crowds and staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I stopped over here on (unfortunately a Sunday) night. I say that because nothing in the hotel was open, and that included the bar or restaurant...heard it all now!! Anyway, we ended up having a gourmet night out at Taco Bell (yummy:()..and then went to another bar over the road...which was pretty good actually. Anyway, the staff seem to be a teenager guy behind the front desk, and that was about it. We seemed to have been in the Springfield equivalent to the Overlook hotel...it was that deserted. Nevertheless the rooms were OK, nothing special, although I would say they probably needed a good makeover. We stayed well away from the fridge, just in case we were charged for something we didn't take. The bed was comfortable, nothing too special, and we had an undisturbed nights sleep. The downstairs deco was a nice touch, and was in fact the only reason we stayed here, as there was nothing really to shout about.

Room Tip: If you want cheap and cheerful...well not that cheerful, this is an OK stop....don't expect anyt...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

O my gosh, i can write a book on how horrible this service place was. The girl at the front desk threatened me because she didnt like me arguing back about them overcharging me, by over 3 thousand dollars. (i have the paperwork from owner to prove it.), not once even, they tried a total of 15 times to take out my money, which eventually put me in the negative by over 2 thousand dollars. i have all paperwork. then when i was arguing back, the front desk girl, she threatened to hit me lol.. i told her she wasnt going to do anything and i was going to report them. All i can say is this hotel was the worse experience of my entire adulthood. Oh, and when i landed, my wife called me and told me they took out 150 dollars from my account w/out my approval. t dont recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business