All reviews front desk hot tub staff was friendly off the highway breakfast buffet rooms are clean other hotels business trip easy access water pressure very nice hotel convenient location lincoln museum sausage waffles hgi lobby
Reviewed July 13, 2018

This hotel has a very friendly, accomodating staff. There is no complimentary breakfast as are in most other hotels--there is about a $10 charge per person for the breakfast which did look amazing. The suite we were in was very spacious and comfortable king-size bed.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christopher F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. Our team greatly appreciates the feedback and I know they thrive on seeing your warm words. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2018

WE got there at 3:30 The desk clerk knew us and we were checked in , in no time. WE picked our room the day before, we are Honors members. Our room was nice, clean and quiet and had a nice scent. the staff is always friendly and know us well. The chefs in the restaurant are nice and friendly and can cook a great meal We never have trouble here but we are easy going. I really like this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christopher F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

We really like having you as our guest! Thank you for the review, we will work hard to continue to exceed expectations! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

I try to stay at Hampton Inn whenever possible or keep within the Hilton brand simply because I’m rarely disappointed and the value for the money is there. I booked a king one bedroom suite at this location because our teenage son was along for this ride and we wanted to give each other privacy. Upon arrival, we found our room was not really a separate bedroom but more like a studio without a door to close for the bedroom. And the king size bed was actually a queen, or the smallest king I’ve ever seen. The extra joy was that both my son and husband watched the two TVs that were maybe 15 feet apart... a pleasure being stuck between cannot begin to find the words to express. I called the front desk. Maybe there had been a mistake on our room. A gentleman came up and assured me that no, this is the one bedroom product they have. I pointed out the not king size bed. He agreed it never seemed like a king size to him. It’s the same size as the queen I have at home. He would go down and talk to the GM and come back to me shortly. Shortly never came and we went to get food. The front desk didn’t know where he went. I never saw or heard from him again. Upon checkout, nothin was mentioned so I asked about it. They do have a posted satisfaction guarantee. The day manager knew nothing about our issue and asked what I would like for her to do. I asked her what she could do. She gave us a 50% discount. Fine.

The hotel was nice and pretty and no free breakfast included like at Hampton Inn but if you want a true one bedroom suite, Drury Inns & Suites is immediately next door (with breakfast included).

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Christopher F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

I want to personally say that I am sorry I did not get a chance to meet with you directly to review your concerns about the room. I own the communication in this hotel and the breakdown in it is my responsibility. I will review how we handle requests for management for all team members so that I can be available to meet with all of our guests. I do want to stress that our King Beds measure 72" by 80" which is the industry standard for a regular King size bed. Some properties do offer Super King Size or California Kings that measure 80" by 80". While our suites do not have a door separating the living room from the bed room the spaces are separated by the kitchenette area and the separated spaces do fit the criteria for a suite. Please note there is a big difference between our breakfast and that which is served next door. We have trained chefs using real stoves and ovens to prepare fresh ingredients (including cooked to order) for our guests. At most other hotels with free breakfast you will find it is prepared by an attendant, in a microwave, with processed foods pulled from a freezer. Thank you for the feedback, we will use it to improve our communication, ensure our suite descriptions are correct on all booking channels and make sure everyone is on the same page to deliver great service to our guests.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

Was our hotel to stay at for a large family reunion. The staff was great and seemed to be able to handle our large group. The breakfast was a bonus and they even set up a room for us to use. They seemed unfazed by our trolley car parade even when one lit on fire in the parking lot. Would stay again when I am in Springfield.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christopher F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

We loved hosting your family! I think eveyone here felt like honorary members and thoroughly enjoyed being a part of your special event. Fire? No one saw any fire.... :)

Reviewed July 5, 2018

My hubby and I were exhausted after having played in a cover band outside in the heat. We needed a place to crash and burn for a couple of nights. Our requirements were: jetted tub; room service and PRIVACY! The Hilton Garden Inn provided the perfect place for that, exactly! The ONLY issue was with the pillows, which were made of some sort of substance that squished down to almost nothing. The next time (and there WILL BE a next time), we will bring our own pillows.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for the review of your stay with us. I took those pillows out and retired them. We have both fether and foam pillows and we will be on the look out for those that have passed their prime! Can't wait to have you back!