Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
State House Inn(Springfield)
$103
$74
$80
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$76
$95
$113
$98
  • Pool
$111
$108
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskhot tubstaff was friendlyroom was cleanoff the highwaygreat place to staynext morningbusiness tripbreakfast staffwater pressureeasy accessvery nice hotelfree breakfastconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againlincoln sitessausage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Our family stayed at HGI for a weekend trip to see all things Lincoln in Springfield. The hotel was nice -- room and pool are small but fit our needs just fine for a short trip. However, I didn't like having to drive to everything we wanted to go see (Lincoln's home, law office, Museum, etc.). However, that being said, when we were in Springfield for our last sightseeing trip, we stayed downtown but had to drive whenever we wanted a meal as downtown seems to close-up after 5:00 p.m. and there are limited eatery options for a family with small children.

I suppose it depends on the traveler but I'd probably choose a downtown hotel if we ever decided to go back to have the flexibility of going back to our room between sightseeing excursions -- however, that's a personal preference and not an indictment against this property. We enjoyed this HGI and found the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank DRGWAGMOM
Reviewed March 30, 2009

The location was perfect, right off of I-55 and only a short drive to downtown Springfield. Theres plenty of places to shop and eat nearby. The rooms are very clean and spacious and the beds were very comfortable as well. Check in was extremely fast and the staff was very friendly. I would definitely consider staying at this location on my next trip to Springfield. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to the Springfield area.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2009

when i went to this hotel i was ezcpecting it to be better. the rooms were small, the pool was tiny, the breakfast was okay though. the location was a little far away from the city.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2009

Stayed here 1/07/09 - 1/08/09. Long day and I was ready to stop when I got here. The hotel is clean and attractive. The room was very clean and not "worn out" at all. It is right off of I-55 but I didn't have any noise issues. I had chicken fetticine (room service) and it was very good. They have a little bar in the restaurant that sat around 3or 4 people. The bed was very comfortable and the coffee was good in the lobby (I didn't eat breakfast). It was great.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank CarlHott
Reviewed August 5, 2008

We spent two nights here and absolutely loved it. When we travel, we stay in different types of establishments -- chains, independents, etc. -- and this is our second Hilton experience in the past year. I need to state how each and every employee is welcoming, friendly, helpful, etc. It's awesome and will definitely keep us coming back to Hilton in the future.

Our room was clean and comfortable. The a/c and thermostat worked well. We were happy with the wireless internet. The person who complained below about the highway noise must have the ears of a Doberman Pinscher because we couldn't hear it at all, and I'm one who oftentimes takes a little while to get to sleep, especially in a new bed ... which, by the way, was very comfy. We used the business office (free faxing) and the laundry room. Everything was clean and efficient. Breakfast had a number of good options: eggs, sausage, fruits, cereals, etc. And each afternoon/evening there were cookies in the lobby.

But again, the thing about this place that stood out the most was the wonderful staff: the front desk agents, the housekeepers, the kitchen staff, the bellmen, etc. Each had a smile, a nice greeting, and offered to go out of his or her way to make us comfortable. From these two recent stays, can one deduce it's a good company to work for? Travel benefits? Hmmm ....

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank meyerinc