“Excellent stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The staff were all super friendly and helpful, my room was clean, and I had a great nights sleep. There wasn't a lot of noise. I didn't have breakfast at the hotel, but it smelled good. McDonald's and Panara Bread directly across the street and a bunch of restaurants within a mile of the hotel. Would recommend.

1  Thank Kelsey S
HGISpringfieldIL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Kelsey,

Thank you for filling out a positive Trip advisor! We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Have a wonderful week.

Warm Regards,
Stacy Hamlin

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I was traveling alone to come to a family funeral. Although Springfield is my home town, I hadn't been back for many years. I called to get directions after arriving in town in a rental car and was patiently dealt with by the front counter person. She guided me there from the other side of town. The room was great! I had a microwave and refrigerator which I needed to use. I also used the little bar in the lobby to catch up with my sister and her husband. The bartender was very nice. The buffet breakfast, which you pay for, is outstanding!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Linda M
HGISpringfieldIL, Front Desk Agent at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

We are sorry to hear that your visit was for a funeral, but are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is always delighted to make sure you enjoy your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. If you enjoyed the breakfast, you should have dinner at the Garden Grille on your next visit. We appreciate your kind words! Whenever you are home to visit, just stop by and pay us a visit.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a Sunday recently and were very happy with the accommodations. Due to a heavy snow warning, I phoned ahead twice to ascertain if Springfield was being hit yet, and the personnel who took my calls couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. On arrival the check-in process was easy; we were happy with the cleanliness of the guest room, and especially found the whirlpool relaxing after a stressful drive. I would certainly recommend this hotel and would stay again if we needed a room in Springfield.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent stay in Springfield. We hope that you will find your way back in the future and continue to share your experience with others. We take pride in ensuring that each guest leaves happy and are satisfied. Please don't hesitate to call and book a room the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Perfect place to stay in Springfield while on business in Springfield. Entire staff is super friendly and helpful. Very safe and clean. My only objection is that the price of the rooms increase on Legislative Session days. I find this very frustrating.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn during your recent stay in Springfield, Illinois. Our staff takes pride in accomodating customers and addressing their individual needs. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The staff are cheerful and friendly. The interior is is updated and pleasing. When you walk in there are refreshing complimentary beverages waiting along with cookies.

There is a small restaurant on premises. Fast food places are nearby along with a few dining establishments.

The elevators are a little old. Rooms are tastefully decorated and are well equipped for business use. I had an issue with housekeeping and brought it to the attention of the General Manager Stacy. Even though she misspelled my name in her response, I'm confident that the matter will be immediately corrected. I am a stickler for detail.

Keurig coffee makers in the rooms are nice. Bring your favorite brew and enjoy! Also, two bottles of water.

All in all there is good value here at this hotel.

Room Tip: I believe most of the rooms will be the same. I suspect and the third floor or above is a little qu...

Dear Joe R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope to see you again in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Warm Regards,
Stacy Hamlin

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is one of the best hotels in this category, I have ever stayed at. Clean, beautiful, great coffee in the room. Convenient to highway. We had dinner in the restaurant and was delicious. I don't think I will ever be back this way, but I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded March 5, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments, the staff at the hotel takes great pride in making each and every guest’s stay a great stay. We do hope that one day you do come back to visit us. Have a great day.
Elizabeth
Front Desk Agent

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We have usually stayed in Hampton Inns due to the free breakfasts, but we were impressed with the great staff and accommodations at the Garden inn. We even got free breakfasts which were made to order and a definite step-up from Hampton Inn breakfasts which, while not elaborate, we usually enjoy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
StacyHamlin, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for giving us a try after staying with the Hampton brand for a while! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will choose to stay more often. We take pride in providing excellent service to our guests. Each team member shares that passion and we would like to share it more with you in the future. Once again, thanks for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn!