“Great Business Accomodations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Champaign, United States
“Great Business Accomodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Perfect place to stay in Springfield while on business in Springfield. Entire staff is super friendly and helpful. Very safe and clean. My only objection is that the price of the rooms increase on Legislative Session days. I find this very frustrating.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGISpringfieldIL, Front Desk Agent at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn during your recent stay in Springfield, Illinois. Our staff takes pride in accomodating customers and addressing their individual needs. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

The staff are cheerful and friendly. The interior is is updated and pleasing. When you walk in there are refreshing complimentary beverages waiting along with cookies.

There is a small restaurant on premises. Fast food places are nearby along with a few dining establishments.

The elevators are a little old. Rooms are tastefully decorated and are well equipped for business use. I had an issue with housekeeping and brought it to the attention of the General Manager Stacy. Even though she misspelled my name in her response, I'm confident that the matter will be immediately corrected. I am a stickler for detail.

Keurig coffee makers in the rooms are nice. Bring your favorite brew and enjoy! Also, two bottles of water.

All in all there is good value here at this hotel.

Room Tip: I believe most of the rooms will be the same. I suspect and the third floor or above is a little qu...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGISpringfieldIL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Joe R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope to see you again in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Warm Regards,
Stacy Hamlin
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is one of the best hotels in this category, I have ever stayed at. Clean, beautiful, great coffee in the room. Convenient to highway. We had dinner in the restaurant and was delicious. I don't think I will ever be back this way, but I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGISpringfieldIL, at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments, the staff at the hotel takes great pride in making each and every guest’s stay a great stay. We do hope that one day you do come back to visit us. Have a great day.
Elizabeth
Front Desk Agent
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We have usually stayed in Hampton Inns due to the free breakfasts, but we were impressed with the great staff and accommodations at the Garden inn. We even got free breakfasts which were made to order and a definite step-up from Hampton Inn breakfasts which, while not elaborate, we usually enjoy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

StacyHamlin, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for giving us a try after staying with the Hampton brand for a while! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will choose to stay more often. We take pride in providing excellent service to our guests. Each team member shares that passion and we would like to share it more with you in the future. Once again, thanks for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn!
Glenwood, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel was very clean, staff very friendly, rooms were fresh and nice, breakfast was awesome. Had all different kinds of juices, muffins, cooked to order omlets, hot foods, etc. Service was good too. Hotel right off of Hwy 36 - very convenient location. Would certainly recommend this hotel to someone or stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always good to know that our guest love our rooms and our breakfast buffet. We take pride in providing excellent service and keeping our guests happy. We hope you will choose to return when you are in the area. It's always a pleasure having you!
Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Front desk, Bar, and Restaruant Staff were very nice and helpful. There was free coffee in the lobby, and the fireplace was cozy. Nice, clean rooms. There was a Keurig coffee maker in each room. All rooms had a refrigerator and microwave, a must for traveling with small children.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the features of the room fit your needs. Maybe next time you visit the area, you can enjoy our cooked to order breakfast buffet and/or dinner in the evenings. Thanks again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your stay in Springfield!
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed here Monday night as I was in Springfield from Chicago for work. At check in they asked for my personal credit card which would have a $50 hold for incidentals. I checked my bank account Tuesday morning and saw the $50 charge was taken out THREE TIMES. I called and spoke to Stacey who said she would look into this call my bank and call me back. Gave her my cell number. It's after 7pm. No call back.
Monday night my coworker and I ate in the hotel eating area. Smelled delicious. I ordered NY Strip "well done no pink". Apparently this was not clear enough. The steak was nearly red. I would have told our server, Shaun, but he was in the kitchen / bar with his co worker Nino socializing and never once came to the table after bringing us out food. Never asked how it was. Then about 30 minutes later he had his coat on and left. Nino came and asked how it was and offered to fix it -- but then my coworker would have been able to watch me eat as I watched her eat -- since the meat wasn't prepared THE WAY I ORDERED IT. The meal was on the house. I mean her meal was on the house and my onion rings and Mac and cheese was on the house.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.

We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.

Stacy Hamlin