My wife and I were on an extended road trip and stopped in Springfield for a couple of days. As a longtime Hilton Honors member, I have always found the Hilton Garden Hotels to offer great accommodations and good service. After a long day of driving, we checked in and went to our room. We were surprised to find that the room had not been carefully cleaned, e.g., there was a large stain on the chair and footstool (coffee or soda) that my wife wiped up with a washcloth from the bathroom. We were too tired from driving to thoroughly inspect the room and did not want to go through the hassle of changing rooms so we decided to forget the incident. The next morning, on getting into the shower, I saw that there were several strands of long, dark on the bottom of the tub. My wife and I have not had dark hair for a few years so we knew they were not ours. Later, on the way out for the day we did bring to this the front desk’s attention. They asked if we had said anything earlier and assured us they would discuss this with housekeeping. When we came back that afternoon, the room was well cleaned and everything was in order. We stayed in five Hilton hotels on the trip and this was the only one in which we encountered poor cleaning and apparent lack of supervisory cross-checking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located at exit 94 of I-55 on the SE side of Springfield with shopping, movie theaters, and over 20 restaurants within a couple of blocks. We are also just minutes from the State Capitol Building Downtown and the Lincoln sites.-Complimentary high-speed Internet access and secure, remote printing to the business center-Refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker in every room-117 guestrooms (16 suites)-Full service Great American Grill Restaurant for breakfast and dinner-Evening room service-Pavilion Lounge-Heated indoor pool and whirlpool-Workout facility-Complimentary outdoor parking-Just over 4,200 sq. ft. of divisible meeting space to accommodate up to 200 people banquet style-On-site catering from our Executive Chef-Service that is focused on what is most important. YOU! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Springfield Hilton Garden Inn