“Almost excellent”

Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Minor housekeeping issues (hairs on bathroom floor and kids found things under the bed) & couldn't connect to wireless, but otherwise excellent stay. A complimentary breakfast is all this hotel is lacking. Beautiful lobby and good coffee.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I travel for business quite a bit and have come to depend on the Hilton Garden Inn as a consistent brand, the delivers in the different cities or areas around the US that I travel. I would recommend this hotel for business travel or an overnight stay.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've been to several Hilton Garden Inns and this is definitely an older model. The rooms are mostly painted instead of some sort of more modern wallpaper and I could hear every little kid running through the hallways.

The room was a good size, but I felt the TV needed to be at least one size bigger. Note to all hotel owners: regardless of size it's time to put in a 50 inch TV in each room. Yes, we are ready for it.

The room had all the regular stuff, a chair and ottoman, a desk and several lights. The bathroom was a tad small, but typical of the Hilton Garden Inn chain.

I did like that when I arrived they had fresh cookies made and some complimentary water ready to go.

I also liked the breakfast buffet in the morning and this particular HGI had some of the best bacon i've tasted in a loooong time. You could have had waffles, pancakes and omelets cooked to order as well, but I did the standard bacon and scrambled eggs.

I also did one of my dinners at the hotel. It was OK, but given the variety of local and chain restaurants within three minutes of the hotel, I think i'd just choose those. Behind Smokey Bones was an Outback and had I seen that on the first night that's where I'd gone.

So, while I like the idea of a hot breakfast, I think the whole dinner menu is probably not worth the time or money and I think HGI should rethink that. Keep the bar though!

The staff was quite friendly and they've done what they can to keep it renovated and nice. But ditch the painted wall and try some of those new textured wallpaper styles instead. It will make a difference!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for sharing both your positive and negative feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and assure you that they are being shared with our management team as we continually strive to offer more than just a convenient location in the product and services we offer.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Stacy Hamlin

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel was very nice. They have a great location and the staff was excellent. It's located right off the interstate and near a lot of food places. The room were nice and clean and the king rooms have an adjustable mattress. Breakfast was also very good. Its a buffet I think it was $9.95.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hotel was great, new, clean and professional. Will stay there again. Restaurant for breakfast, dinner and in room service was prompt and delicious. Location is near everything.....................................................................................................................................................

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I enjoyed staying here. The room while not perfect because of the noise overall was good. I would definitely stay here again! I travelled on business and asked for a quiet room. The first week was fine but the second week I was in different room and the noise was higher.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond member so I gravitate to the Hilton brand when traveling. This hotel was built some years ago, but it appears to be excellently managed and does not show its age. The room was perfect--spotless, spacious and everything worked. The breakfast was great as it usually is in HGIs. We were tired from a day on the road so we had no interest in driving to another place to eat and we ate quite well here for dinner. Food was freshly prepared and not simply pulled from a box and microwaved. This is a very nice hotel and very reasonably priced. The base rate for AAA/AARP was about $102--a bargain for a good hotel anywhere today. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor that overlooked the parking lot of the hotel next door. It was quiet...