The hotel was fine, really - just not anything special, and a few areas that need improvement. If you have read any of my reviews, you know my priority in a hotel is a good night's sleep. I had stayed at an HGI once before - at Hilton Head - and it was so spectacular that I assumed this one would be, too. It didn't quite meet the criteria.
We found the beds to be hard, the pillows to be kind of lumpy/squishy, and the pillow cases to be noisy. Weird, right? Noisy pillow cases - but they seemed to have some sort of plastic in the fabric. The mattress pad did as well. I move a lot in my sleep and am a light sleeper, so I found the slipping of the sheet against the mattress pad to be very annoying and the noise of the pillow case irritating. Mind you, I am tired and fussy after a long day on the road - but that is the point: I need a good night's sleep. When I removed the pillow case, I slept better - though the pillows were not great. And why is it that some people consider a hard bed to be a good bed? If that were the case, wouldn't we all be better off sleeping on the floor?
And it amazes me that the cheaper the hotel, the more you tend to get for your money. This hotel charges $9.95 for their breakfast buffet. Every other hotel we stayed in included it for free. I misunderstood that when booking the room or we would have stayed elsewhere. And I know they will say theirs is better - worth the price - but honestly, I looked it over and it seemed pretty standard.
The people at the front desk were very friendly and nice, both in the evening and in the morning. The room was as quiet as most - noise from next door was heard, but didn't really bother us. Considering what we got for our money, I think it was a bit pricey. But, overall, I'd say for most people it would be fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located at exit 94 of I-55 on the SE side of Springfield with shopping, movie theaters, and over 20 restaurants within a couple of blocks. We are also just minutes from the State Capitol Building Downtown and the Lincoln sites.-Complimentary high-speed Internet access and secure, remote printing to the business center-Refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker in every room-117 guestrooms (16 suites)-Full service Great American Grill Restaurant for breakfast and dinner-Evening room service-Pavilion Lounge-Heated indoor pool and whirlpool-Workout facility-Complimentary outdoor parking-Just over 4,200 sq. ft. of divisible meeting space to accommodate up to 200 people banquet style-On-site catering from our Executive Chef-Service that is focused on what is most important. YOU! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Springfield Hilton Garden Inn