“Great Stay”

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed at many Hilton properties and was, once again, very pleased with the facilties and amenities. But, this particular experience stood out to me because of the friendliness of the staff. I particularly appreciate when the staff acknolwedges my two young children and helps them feel welcome and at ease.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie S
StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Katie S,

I really appreciate you taking your valuable time and commenting on my wonderful staff. We always love exceeding the guests' expectations. We will see you in the future. Have a great weekend!

Best Regards,
Stacy Hamlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Elgin
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past 5 years on business and for pleasure. This H.G.I. property is one of my favorite because of the friendliness and outstanding attitude of the employees. The hotel is always spotless, complimentary fresh apples/cookies at the front desk in the late afternoon and evening are a nice touch. This hotel is located right near an interchange with I-55 and close to many restaurants and Springfield attractions. Pool/Spa area is quite spacious and very comfortable. Fitness room, which is located immediately adjacent to t he pool, is very small and exercise equipment almost unfomrfortably close, but the size of the room dictates same. I have had some great meals/service at the hotel's in-house grill. Many restaurants are within walking distance of this hotel, but sidewalks in the area of the hotel are pretty scarce. This is one of Springfield's best hotels.

Room Tip: First floor rooms tend to be a little noisey. Rooms that are furtherest west on the first floor are...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank N0rthw00dsguy
Dear N0rthw00dsguy,

Thank you for taking the time and filling out a review. I am so happy you always enjoy your stay and love the staff. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful staff that has great customer service. Customer service is so important to all of us. I have a wonderful staff and now a renovated hotel that we all love. We look forward to seeing you in the future! Have a great weekend.

Best Regards,
Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2013

It took 30 minutes to check in. No public restrooms, while in renovation. The pool was closed without any notice. Ice machine was not available. Lastly, the breakfast buffet was surprisingly $10. The room cost $150 but should have cost $30. You couldn't pay me to stay at another Hilton again.

Room Tip: There were no Kid activities
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret that our staff members did not provide you the exceptional level of service you deserve. I can assure you that I have personally spoken to our staff regarding your feedback. In addition, please accept my apologies that our pool and public bathrooms were closed. As you know, we are undergoing some renovations; however, we are doing everything we can to complete our project as soon as possible. Our guest satisfaction is very important to us and I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Roscoe, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Enjoy the Hilton most everywhere we go. What is most important to me is kindness of all employees, cleanliness throughout and convenience to travel route. A very firm comfortable bed and extra pillows is a nessesity.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Linda M
We are happy to announce we have completed renovations!!! Thank you very much for your comment about your last stay at The Hilton Garden Inn, Springfield, IL. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Nassington, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Still in the middle of my stay but have very little that is really positive to say. Then again, i've stayed in far worse. Not all rooms are being renovated - mine was one that wasn't. Just a little tired but perfectly fine. Heating and aircon unit seem to operate independently and windows have an icy blast coming through them so a bit hard to get the temp right. Carpets still being ripped out from the bedrooms above from 7am in the morning so a bit noisy.

Staff in lobby and at breakfast are ok but could be a bit more attentive. Gym machines have also been fixed which is good. Breakfast was a let down - tasteless porridge and an unappetising selection of breads, pastries and cereals. Avoided the cooked stuff.

This hotel is fine but just needs some soul.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed December 31, 2012

So disappointing. Major renovation occurring with no recourse. Loud and noisy all afternoon Sunday and woken abruptly at 7:00 am sharp on Monday. Th whole hotel is dirty and in disarray. No vending machines. We were offered another room, but from what other guests have said, they have the same issue on other floors. We booked a hot tub room and got a standard king. The bed is hard and not comfortable at all. Nfront desk told me there is hardly anyone in the hotel. I can't imagine why they wouldn't give me the room I booked (no refund for difference) or at least give us an evolution bed. So disappointed. Even after construction we will not be back. We travel here often and this hotel will not be on our itinerary in the future.

Room Tip: Courtyard by Marriott is in a much better location. Closer to shopping and numerous restaurant choi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the construction issues you experienced while you stayed with us. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. As you could tell we are currently going through renovations; however, I do apologize if we caused you any inconveniences. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn while we were relocating down to Texas. I had to make the reservation via phone since I didn't have internet while they were loading up our home on the moving van. We were also traveling with my mother, who a couple of weeks earlier had tripped and fell and broke 3 ribs. We pull into the hotel and there was no covered drop off area. Old furniture was laying on the parking lot in a heap. My mother was scared to death to walk across the icy parking lot but we were able to make it okay. The workers at this hotel were not friendly and very rude. They put us on the 4th floor that was all torn up and dusty. This Hilton Garden has gone to the little, square "Days Inn-like" pillows, so the days of the nice, large cushy pillows appears over. I'd suggest other hotels in the same area - Hampton Inn or Drury Inn come to mind.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family