“Nothing special” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Springfield

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Nassington, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Still in the middle of my stay but have very little that is really positive to say. Then again, i've stayed in far worse. Not all rooms are being renovated - mine was one that wasn't. Just a little tired but perfectly fine. Heating and aircon unit seem to operate independently and windows have an icy blast coming through them so a bit hard to get the temp right. Carpets still being ripped out from the bedrooms above from 7am in the morning so a bit noisy.

Staff in lobby and at breakfast are ok but could be a bit more attentive. Gym machines have also been fixed which is good. Breakfast was a let down - tasteless porridge and an unappetising selection of breads, pastries and cereals. Avoided the cooked stuff.

This hotel is fine but just needs some soul.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Gurnee, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

So disappointing. Major renovation occurring with no recourse. Loud and noisy all afternoon Sunday and woken abruptly at 7:00 am sharp on Monday. Th whole hotel is dirty and in disarray. No vending machines. We were offered another room, but from what other guests have said, they have the same issue on other floors. We booked a hot tub room and got a standard king. The bed is hard and not comfortable at all. Nfront desk told me there is hardly anyone in the hotel. I can't imagine why they wouldn't give me the room I booked (no refund for difference) or at least give us an evolution bed. So disappointed. Even after construction we will not be back. We travel here often and this hotel will not be on our itinerary in the future.

Room Tip: Courtyard by Marriott is in a much better location. Closer to shopping and numerous restaurant choi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the construction issues you experienced while you stayed with us. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. As you could tell we are currently going through renovations; however, I do apologize if we caused you any inconveniences. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.
Georgetown, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn while we were relocating down to Texas. I had to make the reservation via phone since I didn't have internet while they were loading up our home on the moving van. We were also traveling with my mother, who a couple of weeks earlier had tripped and fell and broke 3 ribs. We pull into the hotel and there was no covered drop off area. Old furniture was laying on the parking lot in a heap. My mother was scared to death to walk across the icy parking lot but we were able to make it okay. The workers at this hotel were not friendly and very rude. They put us on the 4th floor that was all torn up and dusty. This Hilton Garden has gone to the little, square "Days Inn-like" pillows, so the days of the nice, large cushy pillows appears over. I'd suggest other hotels in the same area - Hampton Inn or Drury Inn come to mind.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bohste
ATL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

My first night in town I stayed with relatives, which can be less than restful when everyone and their kids show up, so I figured the next two nights would serve me better in a quiet hotel.

I knew the hotel was under construction, so I stopped by late afternoon on my first day in town to check out how disruptive it might be. The young lady at the front desk stated construction was mainly in the lobby, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I stayed at this hotel in late July for a funeral and everything was better than acceptable. Not this time... I asked for an upper floor room further away from common areas (e.g. elevators, meeting rooms, etc.).

From all the banging noises at 8:30 am Christmas Eve morning, the construction seems to have temporarily made its way from the lobby. The curtains had holes in them and when I asked for at least a sheer, I was told since the rooms had been recently renovated; no sheers are available due to new blinds being on order. Really?! And no, I didn't want to relocate to a lower floor room which had not been renovated, not unless I was getting a discount. Yeah right. I don't know if the sleep number bed we had was not functioning properly or what, but it was as hard as a church bench. That's usually the one thing I can count on in all Hilton Brand hotels. I guess that was yet to be upgraded.

I suggest waiting to patron this hotel until they complete their renovations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank hthjones
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

We probably should have been there a few weeks later. The hotel was undergoing construction, rooms smelt of paint. Otherwise clean and well maintained. I wish during booking (on any site) they can provide status on any construction going-on.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ram-chicago
StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, December 27, 2012

Stacy Hamlin
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here when I came to town for a friends wedding - they had recently done renovations and the hotel was in good shape. The staff is very friendly and there is a panera and movie theater across the street. Definitely a decent place to stay if you happen to stop there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank R H
Chula Vista, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

It wasn't a good experience for us. To be fair, the hotel was in the middle of renovations, but we didn't know that when we booked. The pool is very small. The rooms are also small. The pool was closed part of the time to be fixed. Being next to a busy highway the noise level was high. One of the workers entered our room in the morning! The positive was that they gave us a full reimbursment.

Room Tip: The further away from the highway the better.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our property during your stay in our area. We are very sorry for the problems you encountered. The comfort and safety of our guests is our number one priority and we’re sorry that this wasn’t your experience. We’re glad that your situation was rectified and we hope that if you come back to the area you would stay with us again.

Stacy Hamlin