It is a few miles from the center of Springfield, which was good because we weren't near any run-down parts and we were closer to the expressway, which was convenient. When we entered the East side of the hotel, closest to our room, there was an overwhelming musty smell. The only other complaint was that we wanted to go sit in the spa for fifteen minutes at the end of the night- now granted it was close to 10p.m. but our feet were tired from walking all day and all we wanted to do was relax. That being said, there was two women sitting near the hot tub drinking beer while two little children were splashing around and screeching in the pool. Next thing you know, some guys came in there to meet them, with more beer and now food too. Then to top it off, there were some girls that must have been their daughters and in a softball tournament because they had their uniforms on and they kept coming in and out and propping the outside door open letting insects in. I felt this was rather rude, especially seeing that it was closer to 10:30 by that point- not very relaxing as we had intended, so we picked up our things and left.
On a more positive note, the bed was extremely comfortable and the accommodations were great! If I am ever down that way again, I might consider staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located at exit 94 of I-55 on the SE side of Springfield with shopping, movie theaters, and over 20 restaurants within a couple of blocks. We are also just minutes from the State Capitol Building Downtown and the Lincoln sites.-Complimentary high-speed Internet access and secure, remote printing to the business center-Refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker in every room-117 guestrooms (16 suites)-Full service Great American Grill Restaurant for breakfast and dinner-Evening room service-Pavilion Lounge-Heated indoor pool and whirlpool-Workout facility-Complimentary outdoor parking-Just over 4,200 sq. ft. of divisible meeting space to accommodate up to 200 people banquet style-On-site catering from our Executive Chef-Service that is focused on what is most important. YOU! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Springfield Hilton Garden Inn