“Not too bad for the money”

Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed July 17, 2012

It is a few miles from the center of Springfield, which was good because we weren't near any run-down parts and we were closer to the expressway, which was convenient. When we entered the East side of the hotel, closest to our room, there was an overwhelming musty smell. The only other complaint was that we wanted to go sit in the spa for fifteen minutes at the end of the night- now granted it was close to 10p.m. but our feet were tired from walking all day and all we wanted to do was relax. That being said, there was two women sitting near the hot tub drinking beer while two little children were splashing around and screeching in the pool. Next thing you know, some guys came in there to meet them, with more beer and now food too. Then to top it off, there were some girls that must have been their daughters and in a softball tournament because they had their uniforms on and they kept coming in and out and propping the outside door open letting insects in. I felt this was rather rude, especially seeing that it was closer to 10:30 by that point- not very relaxing as we had intended, so we picked up our things and left.
On a more positive note, the bed was extremely comfortable and the accommodations were great! If I am ever down that way again, I might consider staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We want you to know that we have addressed our staff in regards to the incident in the pool area, and we again apologize for your inconveniences. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Best Regards,
Stacy Hamlin

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Springfield

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I booked three rooms for a wedding and the service at the front desk was the worst I've experienced at a hotel. We arrived after the wedding, a full hour past check in time. Not one of our three rooms was ready and the clerk at the front desk was rude, asking me to step aside while I waited for her to check on their status. After waiting ~10 minutes, I was told one of my rooms was ready so I sent my daughter-in-law there with her 2-year-old son so he could take a nap. Ten minutes later, I was finally told the second room was ready and my son-in-law took his two children there for their nap. I waited patiently for my own room and finally asked about it after another 10 minutes and got the response - oh, you have another room? When I originally went to the desk, I showed the clerk all three reservation receipts so there was no question I had reserved three rooms. I also requested two keys for each room and had to re-request for each one. When I checked out the next day, I again noted my disappointment with the check-in process and was told that the 3:00 check-in was not a guarantee - that is news to me, as it is at every other Hilton property! I was also blown off, never apologized to or given a second thought. So, I wrote to Hiton Honors customer srvice and was told the property would be in touch with me. The property told Hilton Honors they contacted me, which they never did; plus, they made up a story about my requesting connecting rooms, which I did not request, nor receive. They also told corporate that there were a LOT of check-ins at the same time - that was also untrue as many of the other wedding guests checked in prior to the wedding. We opted not to do that, as when I called to request early check in, I was told it might not be possible and since I had children with me, it seemed wiser not to make a trip for nothing. I attempted to have the property address my issues/concerns, as well as the corporate office but since neither seems to be taking me seriously, I am resorting to writing a bad review. I don't know if this helps, but I feel better letting others know the staff at this Garden Inn does not care about its guests. There was one highlight to our stay - the breakfast was awesome and our server, Sarah, was fantastic. She was attentive to our needs and responsive to my disappointment during check-in.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gerib54
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I again would like to apologize for the level of service you received at check in. We want you to know that our staff has been addressed and this will not happen again. If you would like to further discuss please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This hotel was great! My family and friends enjoyed their stay during our wedding weekend. Everyone there was so helpful and even gave my new husband and I free breakfast the morning after the wedding. I would definitely recommend them again!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Springfield. Our room was wonderful, and the staff, friendly and helpful. We had breakfast at the hotel and the food selection was great, and restaurant staff was very attentive. Coffee was always available in the lobby area. And, the lobby is a beautiful place to sit and read, as is the patio area which has numerous tables, chairs, etc. All in all, an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sd001
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I needed a place to stay in Springfield and since we are Hilton reward members we tried this hotel. A clean hotel with a nice room. Nice TV with good cable.The bed was adjustable for softer or firmer quite like the Select Number Bed. The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KRPINGRMI
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My parents and I stayed for 3 nights over the past weekend. The rooms were very clean and quiet. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is located just off the highway very close to several other hotels, a small shopping area and many many eating places. It was average priced included a fridge and microwave but no free breakfast. We were there to visit the Lincoln sites and found the hotel a good central location for that.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rdtripmn
StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Thank you for submitting your response to TripAdvisor regarding Hilton Garden Inn Springfield. We do apreciate your nice comments and hope you will be able to visit us again.

We constantly monitor the feedback on TripAdvisor and take measures to improve our service delivery.

Thank you again for contributing! Your response is very valuable to us.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We have stayed at several differnt Hilton Garden Inns. This one is ok. The outside looks really nice. The rooms are showing some wear, but not horrible. The price was way too high for what we got. We stayed at one in St. Louis, MO for cheaper and it was much much nicer. It is close to several food options and right off the interstate. Might stay again in a pinch. Do shop around.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bsc2002

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your travel needs. I apologize if you felt the room rate was too expensive. We will be undergoing replacement of case goods in the guest rooms and also carpet as well as a full remodel of our lobby. We look forward to you returning and staying with us to enjoy these upgrades