“Excellent Service”

Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Ottawa, Illinois
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

If you want a stay in a clean hotel with excellent service, stay here. The staff are friendly, efficient, and helpful. The food was great, and the rooms were clean and fresh.

1 Thank ksteindorf
StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments! Happy Holiday and come see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Not too many times I will stay at a hotel that has a bed I can get a good nights sleep on but this hotel has AWESOME beds. not too soft not too hard just perfect. I stayed two nights over the Thanksgiving weekend. room was pretty clean except the floor had a lot of stains on it. that was a little distracting but overall I was very happy with how clean everything was. Indoor Pool was small but very clean and the water was warm. ALL the staff I encountered had really good attitudes. That is something I don't run across too many times either. I visit family in the area a few times a year and will without a doubt stay here again. the regular hotel rate is about average for the area and worth it however I normally spend less and will look for specials or discounts to try to keep my cost down.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MXRACER79x
StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you the reveiw! The Garden Sleep System beds are exclusively at Hilton Garden Inn. They are wonderful beds!

Have a great holiday!
Dubuque
Reviewed November 22, 2011

After several trips to Springfield, the Hilton Garden Inn is one of the best hotels I have stayed at in the area and the first one I check for availability. It is conveniently located with easy access to the interstate. The staff is very friendly and helpful. If something is not right or up to expectations, when you talk to them, they will make it right. The rooms are updated and clean with good appointments. The chair for the desk is fantastic when it is necessary to work in the room. Beds are comfortable with great bedding and the TVs are all nice sized flat screens. If you can swing it, upgrade to a suite. Finally, don’t miss breakfast. They offer made to order eggs so I typically get an eggbeaters omelet. There is a good variety of other items available that are of excellent quality. I travel regularly for work and typically stay at hotels from 3 major chains. HGI are one of the better brands from the chains and this hotel is at the top of the list.

Room Tip: Get an upgrade to suite for extra room. Rooms away from the interstate will be quieter if backgroun...
1 Thank drew l
Thank you for the feedback! We do have some tasty cook to order omlets! I will print out your review for the staff to see. Thank you again. Happy holidays
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Hotel was clean and staff friendly. Hotel is located just off the interstate and on main road. Many restaurants close by; within walking distance if you do not mind walking without a sidewalk.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
illinois
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed in the Springfield HGI last Thursday prior to a seminar on Friday. The room was adequate, although the bed was not the most comfortable I have slept on. I found the room to be quiet, the check-in to be quick, and the breakfast the next morning to be tasty.However, on my way to the hotel, my GPS led me to another hotel in the area although I entered the correct address. One of the other members of the seminar mentioned the same thing, and a delivery of some of the materials for the seminar ended up at the wrong hotel as well, probably another function of the GPS. The only downside (and a very common situation these days) was the low pressure in the shower. I often wish that hotels would provide the same kind of water pressure that Andrea Martin experienced in the movie "Hotel Paradise."

The meeting accomodations were quite comfortable, at least for a relatively small group of 50 or so. The front desk staff was very agreeable, allowing me a late check-out following the end of the seminar, etc.

I can't comment on the value as the room was paid by the seminar presenters (I was one of the speakers).

Room Tip: The property is just off I-55 with easy access, but don't trust your GPS.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank youi for staying with us!! I'm sorry your GPS sent you in the wrong direction. I'm gong to check into it and get it corrected. Thank you for your feedback.
Freeport, Illinois
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on Business. I chose it due to it's proximity to the Crowne Plaza, as I was atending a conference there and they were booked. The room was filthy with hair in the sink, and the tub. The carpet had so many stains, I couldn't see the original pattern. I won't discuss the stains elsewhere. The coffeemaker in the roon had a filter basket in it that didn't belong to that machine. Breakfast was fine, providing you got service. The bed was worn out and sagging. The sheets didn't get changed during my stay of three days even though I requested it be done each day. Noise from guests and traffic is unavoidable in any hotel, but I shouldn't have to wake every morning too the staff yelling at each other from both ends of the hallway! I will make my reservations for next year very early and if the Crowne is booked full, I would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Matt R,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry for your experience. Our staff takes great pride in cleaning the hotel for our guests. Please contact me regarding your stay as I would like to discuss this with you further. Your comments are very important to us.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I was driving through the area and needed to stop for the night. There were a number of choices and yes, I usually do stay at Hilton properties, but I did not expect such a great experience. The many staff members I came into contact with were fabulous! Not a bad one in the bunch! Not to mention the breakfast was top notch and the chef was one of the nicest guys around. Well run hotel kudos to the management/ownership! Feel confident staying here....as I will if my travels ever take me back to the Springfield, IL area!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Thank you very much!!! I will make sure I post your review on our board so our entire staff can see it. Thank you again!