Picked this hotel for a quiet couple’s romantic weekend in the State-Capital city, while visiting Lincoln Museum. Unfortunately this was also the weekend for a youth soccer tournament, and this made this hotel the noisiest place I have ever stayed.
Considering my Hilton Honors profile requests a QUIET room location, I think hotel managers should not place youth-rooms across the hall and on both sides of mine. Reservation had been made weeks in advance so mine was not a walk-in requesting whatever room was available. The youth groups had to submit rooming lists weeks in advance also, so hotel management had plenty of time to plan ahead and avoid noise conflicts between adult and youth guests. Placing Youth Groups on a separate floor with management supervision may be required for acceptable social behavior.
Check-in on Friday went fast and smooth. The front desk offered two bottles of water as a Welcome-Gift for a HHonors member. There was an offer at check-in of 500 additional HHonors bonus points for having dinner in the restaurant. There was no hint of the noise-level to come. Perhaps this property should post an advance-noise-warning on their website prior to booking like some hotels do for closed pool/spa.
Friday night, groups of girls ran “wind-sprints” up and down the fourth floor hallway from 9pm to 10:30pm. Parents had the room doors propped open with the swinging security locks, and could care less about the noise. A hotel manager said mine was the third noise complaint, and things did settle down some after a warning at 10:30.
Saturday night was worse. My first clue should have been the broken glass bottles in the parking lot. When I returned to the hotel, the restaurant was closed Saturday evening, and the lobby was filled with parents standing around with brown-glass beer bottles. (Ever stumble onto a party to which you were not invited?) The restaurant remained closed, dark, and unused, but the tiny two-person bar did a great business until the crowd moved on to externally-purchased “Silver Bullet” beer cans and wine bottles later in the evening.
Hotel management could have improved the lobby mess and traffic flow if they had opened up the meeting room on the East side of the lobby, and let the crowd mingle in that area.
The hot-tub/spa had so many kids in it, that it remained full while I was in the pool area. The body count greatly exceeded the health department codes, as well as length of time permitted in the hot water. The parents opened the doors and flowed out into the concrete exterior pool patio area. The noise level outside was equal to the roar of the air conditioner units on the restaurant/lobby roof. Hotel management should note that a request for a QUIET room should not be on the front above the pool and lobby area. After the pool closed, the running up and down the fourth floor hall resumed, without any parental supervision.
There are other Springfield hotels that refuse to accept Youth Groups, and I will be staying elsewhere the next time I visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located at exit 94 of I-55 on the SE side of Springfield with shopping, movie theaters, and over 20 restaurants within a couple of blocks. We are also just minutes from the State Capitol Building Downtown and the Lincoln sites.-Complimentary high-speed Internet access and secure, remote printing to the business center-Refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker in every room-117 guestrooms (16 suites)-Full service Great American Grill Restaurant for breakfast and dinner-Evening room service-Pavilion Lounge-Heated indoor pool and whirlpool-Workout facility-Complimentary outdoor parking-Just over 4,200 sq. ft. of divisible meeting space to accommodate up to 200 people banquet style-On-site catering from our Executive Chef-Service that is focused on what is most important. YOU! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Springfield Hilton Garden Inn