“Mold in bathroom”

Wingate by Wyndham Springfield
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel isn't bad but I found mold in the bathtub in my room which has decreased my rating on this hotel. Do they not clean the showers?! Aside from that the room was pretty clean, employees were nice and free breakfast was standard.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I recently needed a place to stay while on business in the Springfield area and the hotel where I normally stay was full, as were most of the other hotels in Springfield that particular night. This was the only hotel I could find with a vacancy and the only room was a smoking room. However, when I checked in, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my room was fresh and clean and did not smell smokey at all. In fact, if I didn't know it was a smoking room, I would have never guessed it. The staff was extremely kind and personable. The front desk clerk made sure I received two bottles of water and the general manager contacted me the next morning before I checked out to make sure my stay was satisfactory. If you like to be treated like family, this hotel is definitely worth a look.

1  Thank Thomas J
Christina S, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

I'm Christina, General Manager of the Hampton and I wanted to say THANK YOU for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to know we are your "back up" hotel in Springfield and would love to have you stay with us anytime. Thank you for your comments about our staff. We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff were kind and accommodating. The hotel has quality rooms of a good size with very comfortable beds and pillows. The set up of the room was good with ample desk space to lay out work and laptop. There was plenty of free parking available. Although I did not use the pool, it is a good size. I stayed at the hotel on May 2nd and found that the staff were hosting a cook-out for the guests. They served burgers, condiment, chips, pop and water - this was a very special treat. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

I'm Christina, General Manager of the Hampton. Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Our staff was elated to here that you had a great experience with them and that you found our hotel and rooms clean and comfortable. I am so glad that you were able to stay with us on our cookout night. We will be cooking out every Tuesday in May so if you have a chance, come back and see us this month. We are planning out some fun things for this summer as well. Stay tuned and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the hotel last week Thursday 5/2 for business. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean the lobby, corridors and rooms were. On top of that, they were having a spring cookout for guests. The lobby smelled of fresh BBQ and the hamburgers, chips, cookies and snacks were not only very tasty, but appreciate after a long day at the office. I would definately stay again! Friendly staff who went out of there way to make sure that you were comfortable and having an enjoyable stay. Kuddos to the General Manager, Christina Struck and her team!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. My staff and I appreciate the comments about not only how clean the hotel is but also the service you received. I'm Christina and I have just recently became the General Manager of this property. It is our pleasure to have you with us. I am so glad you were able to stay with us on a night we were cooking out. We will be doing that every Tuesday in May 2013! We are planning some fun things for this upcoming summer as well. Stay tuned and come back and see us!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

A great place to stay. Staff and service was exceptional. Would recommend this inn to everyone. We always look for a Hampton Inn when we travel and including this inn we have never been disappointed so far.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Christina S, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

I'm Christina and I'm the General Manager at this property. I am so happy you found your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you for not only staying with us but for your review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have stayed in two different Hampton Inns in two different cities this past week. Both had an extra outlet attached to the top of the night stand. It had 3 plug-ins (3 prong) and 2 USB plug-ins. This is SOOOO wonderful. How many times have I had to move a piece of furniture or bed to try to get to a plug-in? This is so convenient and can charge 5 devices at one time. Hampton Inn is now at the top of my hotel list because of this ONE feature!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Christina S, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

The outlet cubes on our desk are the latest and greatest room feature! They are wonderful! I am glad you and our other guests are enjoying them! Any Hampton would love to be at the top of your list and I hope we have you back at ours soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

After staying at another Hampton Inn the previous night (which we were disappointed with, and had the same Hilton rating), we walked into the Springfield Hampton...what a world of a difference this location was! Well kept, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, pool was very clean (maybe a touch too cool), rooms were quiet and clean, service was great, breakfast food served was very good. We ended up changing our plans and wanted to stay one more day, but could not because they were booked. I understand why... because it was a great place to stay for the price!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel! My name is Christina and I just recently became the General Manager of this property. I can't thank you enough for your business and I sure do wish we had the availability to keep you another night! I am so happy you found you room clean, the pool fun and the breakfast great! We hope to have you back soon!