“Very nice and LOVE the extra outlet on the night stand.”

Wingate by Wyndham Springfield
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have stayed in two different Hampton Inns in two different cities this past week. Both had an extra outlet attached to the top of the night stand. It had 3 plug-ins (3 prong) and 2 USB plug-ins. This is SOOOO wonderful. How many times have I had to move a piece of furniture or bed to try to get to a plug-in? This is so convenient and can charge 5 devices at one time. Hampton Inn is now at the top of my hotel list because of this ONE feature!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Christina S, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

The outlet cubes on our desk are the latest and greatest room feature! They are wonderful! I am glad you and our other guests are enjoying them! Any Hampton would love to be at the top of your list and I hope we have you back at ours soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

After staying at another Hampton Inn the previous night (which we were disappointed with, and had the same Hilton rating), we walked into the Springfield Hampton...what a world of a difference this location was! Well kept, CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, pool was very clean (maybe a touch too cool), rooms were quiet and clean, service was great, breakfast food served was very good. We ended up changing our plans and wanted to stay one more day, but could not because they were booked. I understand why... because it was a great place to stay for the price!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel! My name is Christina and I just recently became the General Manager of this property. I can't thank you enough for your business and I sure do wish we had the availability to keep you another night! I am so happy you found you room clean, the pool fun and the breakfast great! We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had business in the capital. This Hampton provided a convenient location with a wonderful staff. The facilities were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was the standard set of choices at a Hampton Inn and the breakfast staff was helpful and efficient.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

I'm Christina and I just recently became the general manager of this hotel. Thank you for your recent stay with us and the comments on our staff and cleanliness. We are always striving for high remarks in both areas! We hope to have you back with again soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

First stay at a Hampton Inn and we were pleasantly surprised. Very comfortable beds, nice room with good layout. Pleased to have connecting rooms, but disappointed that there was not a refrigerator in our room. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which provided a good start for a day touring Lincoln sites.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Christina S, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate your business! My name is Christina and I recently became the General Manager of this property. I am so glad that you found your bed and room comfortable and that you were able to sleep in adjoining rooms. I know how helpful those are for traveling families as well as our delicious Hampton breakfast! I, too, wish all of our guest rooms here were equipped with refrigerators but please know that we would be more than happy to allow you to store whatever food, drink, or medicine you may need refrigerated in one of our refrigerators if need be! Glad to hear you enjoyed the Lincoln sites. Springfield prides themselves on this wonderful piece of history we can provide. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is one of the 5 hotels I have stayed at in Springfield, IL and is the best of the group for the price limit set by my client. Front desk is friendly and breakfast is the standard Hampton fare. Easy access to I72 and lots of restaurants around make it good for a business traveler. This would be great if it had a micro and mini-fridge but bed is my favorite so I survive without those. Housekeeping is ok but not on top of it.

Room Tip: Double bed room I had made it almost impossible to sit at desk and get to closet. King room is fine...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are so pleased that you have found us to be a great place to stay in Springfield. We truly appreciate both your loyalty and business. My name is Christina and I just recently became the General Manager of this property. Since your stay, we have been retraining in housekeeping to ensure we are not missing any details in our rooms. I hope you will notice a great difference on your next visit. When you make your next reservation please request a refrigerator and microwave. We have a few and as long as one is available we would love to have it ready in your room for you. We have added a few new items to our breakfast menu as well. We are striving to be at the top and I hope you notice better changes as you stay with us more!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife, son, daughter and I stayed at this Hampton Inn for a one night stop over in Springfield. It's right off 55 and about 10 minutes or so from the nearest Lincoln attractions (Museum, Library, House, etc.).

Like all Hampton Inns, they have a complimentary hot breakfast (waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage) and cold breakfast. The eating space is literally the lobby. There's no separation from the front door or front desk. Worst thing about that was since it was cold in Springfield in March, the whole eating area was cold from people walking in and out of the front door.

They have a nice, heated indoor pool, but no hot tub.

The whole hotel felt a little neglected, but the room was clean. We've stayed at a number of HIs lately, and this one was in the worst shape of the lot of them. Perhaps on a related note, of the other similar hotels (including the other HI and the Hilton) in the area, this was the cheapest by about $60.

We were content for a single night, but I'd probably have moved to another hotel if it was for anything more than one night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I'm Christina and I just recently became the General Manager of this property. I want to thank you not only for you recent stay but also for filling out a review on our hotel. It gives us great knowledge as we are constantly wanting to improve ourselves! I am so glad that you have found our breakfast and rooms comparable to other Hampton Inn's you have stayed in. We are getting a total lobby remodel this year! You are probably noticing the new lobbies popping up in other HI's you've visited. We are so excited! It is going to be the facelift we needed! Since your stay we have also revamped our breakfast menu even more to make sure we are serving our guests the best! Unfortunately we did have to remove our hotel tub earlier this year. The ADA laws required a lift for both the pool and hot tub and we just did not have enough room to install one safely for our guests at the hot tub. Thanks again for your business and comments. We hope to see you back again!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were forced to stop at this property due to a severe snowstorm. We booked over the phone while we were still on the road. Hotel was expecting us within a few minutes. We had to book two rooms and our needs were met. Rooms were very, very nice. Beds were a little soft but comfortable. Rooms were decorated very tastefully. Since we were at the hotel early, we tried to decide what to do with our time. Travel was not an option as 17" of snow was falling. Luckily this property was within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. We were able to get food as well as swimsuits for our older children so we could at least use the indoor pool. Staff were very nice and realized they had "captive" guests due to the storm. Hotel provided a nice breakfast free in the morning and when we went to leave we found that our car had been cleaned off for us also. Nice property when we needed it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

One of the things we love most about our jobs is being there for the people who need us most! My name is Christina and I just recently become the General Manager of this property. We were so surprised to have 17" hit us on the second day of Spring! Luckily, we are walking distance from restaurants and shops so our guests never really have to go "without" when they are here unexpectedly! I am so happy that despite travel conditions your family was able to enjoy a stay at our hotel. Thank you for the compliments on our rooms and breakfast. If you are ever traveling through Springfield again, we would love to have you back!