“You will appreciate the quality of this typically mid-range hotel brand”

Wingate by Wyndham Springfield
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We arrived on a snowy night. There was plenty of parking. We were greeted by a friendly front desk clerk. I had never been asked if i had a preference as to which floor I wanted before. He asked each of us, and accomodated each of us. The rooms were a decent sized. I had a room with two queen sized beds. Each bed had four, or was it five, pillows. The heating/AC unit had a digital thermostat, which is great. The room was so quiet, I did not hear any noise from the hall or neighboring rooms. The linens were OK, not scratch, but not overly soft.

The hotel includes breakfast, has an indoor pool, and has a computer and printer in the lobby.

For the price, the rate we received was about $100 per night, this hotel is a great deal.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Christina S, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for your comments about our hotel staff! We were certainly surprised ourselves to see so much snow fall once Spring had started! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here and that you found your room to be both clean and quiet. Comfort is our goal! My name is Christina and I just recently became the General Manager of this property. We are working hard to maintain a great level of service! We hope to have you back with us soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Hampton Inn was extremely clean, and the staff was courteous and helpful. It was quiet, and I felt safe there. They also had free Internet access from my room, which was appreciated. I inspected the mattress for bed-bugs and found none. The room was immaculate, including the bathroom and bed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Christina S, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

My name is Christina and I just recently became the General Manager of this property. Thank you for your comments on our immaculate rooms and bathrooms. Our housekeeping team was elated to hear the compliments! We are so pleased that you found your room to be clean and quiet and also that you felt safe here. That is very important to us. Like you, we are very happy that Hampton has provided as a wonderful complimentary internet for your use! Again, thank you for staying with us! We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel is a fairly average moderately priced hotel. It was a quiet place with free wifi that worked. The free daily breakfasts were ok with just about the same offering each day. Rooms were clean and good sized, and there was plenty of parking. You could also walk to nearby restaurants. I didn't use the pool, but did use the exercise room which was small but seemed large enough for the amount of use it seemed to get.

I might have rated the site a little higher but decided on average because it seemed the hotel paid little to no attention to details. There was often a small amount of debris in the hall. And they left all decaf coffee in my room instead of having a few of regular and decaf. Then there was no hot water in the common area for tea. The person at the desk was very nice and helpful when I told her about it and offered to get me some from the tap in the kitchen. But I could have done that in my room or even used the coffee maker (since I wasn't using it anyway to make my coffee) - I was just letting her know about the lack of water so she could fill it for someone else, but she didn't seem concerned it was out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

My name is Christina and I just recently became the General Manager of this property. I want to first thank you for staying with us and for submitting a review on our hotel. I am so glad that you found your room clean, comfortable, and quiet. I, too, enjoy the nearby restaurants and shops!

I also wanted to thank you for your feedback on some details that we missed. Since your stay, we have updated our breakfast menu with a variety of options from scrambled eggs, western omelets, turkey sausage links, pork sausage patties, maple sausage, bacon, seasoned home fries, biscuits and gravy, hot oatmeal and waffles spread throughout the week. We have revamped our public area cleaning schedules and retrained in housekeeping to make sure we are hitting on all the necessary details.

I want to truly thank you for your feedback. It only helps us better serve you. I hope we have the pleasure of having you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family of 5 just stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The staff was great. Check in and check out was quick and efficient. Our room was clean and comfortable. The beds were great. We asked for a cot and one of the staff immediately brought it two our room and set it up and made it for us. The breakfast was better than average. We liked everything about the hotel and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: We elected to take a room on the 4th (top) floor as is our habit.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Ozkan D, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your 5 star feedback. You are awesome. We are looking forward to have you again. Your comments are greatly appreciated and I will make sure to pass this to my staff and coworkers

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on Dirksen Prkwy back in mid December. It was a welcoming experience. I enjoyed the flat screen t.v. and the room was very quiet. A friend came by and stayed the night. We both slept well and comfortable all night until morning. Thank You Hampton Inn and staff. You are all kind and considerate workers. Especially front desk. As I left some items in the room and they were given back to me. I appreciate the thoughtful attitude of this hotel. I will certainly stay again while in town. Stay here, you will be happy you did. Zero complaints.

Room Tip: The front of the building faces Steak and Shake the back of the building faces a small shopping plaz...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you so very much for choosing our Hampton Inn for your stay and we are looking forward to have you again. Your comments are greatly appreciated and I will make sure to pas to my staff and coworkers.

Have a great day.

Management and staff

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been very pleased with this particular hotel. Staff is very friendly and professional. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Beds are just right so you feel like you want to sleep in. Very quiet.
Towels and toiletries are replenished daily, and rooms are sprayed with an air freshner. Breakfast is served daily.
Hotel is located close to the highway and restaurants.
Would definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Krowa1
Ozkan D, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. Your values and concerns are very important to us and your positive feedback make us happy and we appreciate that .

For your future reservations please don't hesitate contact us in person so we can get you the best deals as usual or book online and we will take care of you.

have a great day

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I really appreciated the cleanliness of the room! The duvet cover is changed with each new guest. The wireless internet was easy to access, and they even provided a lap desk for using your laptop while reclining in bed. The location is excellent, with quick access to the highway and a nearby shopping center. The hotel appears to be newly remodeled, with the furniture being in excellent condition. The counter space in the bathroom was limited, but that wasn't a factor, as I was traveling alone.The staff was very friendly, and checkin and checkout were quick and efficient.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Ozkan D, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Woohoooo! Thank you for making my day. You add a value to my business by giving 5 star and we are looking forward to have you again in the future. Thank you so much.