“good value hotel for business in Springfield”

Hampton Inn Springfield
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“good value hotel for business in Springfield”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

For the price, this hotel is clean and servicable. Has decent fitness equipment. Although it is close to restaurant choices and easy on-off interstate, its not in a "pretty" section of town. No airport shuttle. Business center isn't a "center". Biggest plus: Very friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ozkan D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
I just want to touch base with you and say Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business and always looking forward to having you. Once again Thank you for choosing Hampton inn Springfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Rye, NY
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton while visiting the Lincoln sites. Although it is not within walking distance, the 15 minute drive is easy, and the rates are quite reasonable. The staff is friendly and helpful; the breakfast choices varied, and there are even fresh baked cookies in the evening.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback for Hampton Inn Springfield. We appreciate your business and looking forward to having you again in the future.

Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Spent a couple of days doing a Lincoln visit and stayed here for two nights. Convenient and located just off the Interstate in a group of mid priced hotels. The Hampton is in a marginal section of town near a big shopping mall that is in decline. Several fast food spots plus an Outback are nearby but not much more. Hotel was clean, the breakfast area was small and cramped but the food was OK. Overall not great but not bad either.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback for Hampton inn Springfield. We appreciate your business and Thank you for choosing Hampton inn Springfield and looking forward to have you again in the future.

Sycamore, Illinois
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed the evening of September 29th. Three friends visiting Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum. We did not have reservations. The staff at check in was very personable (Kiev and Doris). We each wanted to pay our portion of the bill and they were able to divide it right then and let us each pay. Our room was very nice...no problems. We were close to the museum so no problems there. The breakfast was good. The hotel was busy but we didn't have to wait for a table or feel rushed. The morning guest service representative (Kendra) was very friendly and helped us with directions to the museum.

Room Tip: We stayed on a higher floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Ozkan D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments about my property here in TripAdvisor. We appreciate very much for you business and so glad to see you that you had a great experience. I hope you did have a great time in Lincoln presidential Museum as well.

If there is anything w can do in the future please call us directly and we will be happy to help you with your lodging needs. Once again Thank you for choosing Hampton inn and have a wonderful day.
Westville, Indiana
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed Oct.1st.and Oct.2nd of 2012.My wife and I have used this location on 2 previous trips with no problems.After checking in, we discovered a problem with tv reception and went downstairs to speak to the staff.Within seconds an alert manager(Ozkan Dogan) who overheard about our issue sent an employee to the room to investigate our complaint.The manager then followed us back upstairs with our luggage and helped us move into a different room across the hall and made sure there were no other issues.He took charge of the problem and saw it through.I am happy to say we had a great trip and part of the reason is the response we had from staff and management when we needed help and extras.I have and will continue to use Hampton Inns and Suites whenever and wherever I travel. THANKS.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joel1541
Ozkan D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate the opportunity to serve you and help you out. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to have you again. I am sorry about the first room TV caused some problems abut they are all taken care of right now. Once again Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Trussville, Alabama
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Decent Hampton Inn - stayed here one night on family road trip. We had a bit of a mix up with our room, as the first room we went too had a problem with the a/c unit and wet flooring. They quickly changed the rooms, however, they forgot to update their computer (young front desk clerk seemed to be frazzled by being busy) and we had someone try and get into our room later that night - thank goodness for the extra locks. They were apologetic though and handled the mix up right away. Breakfast was average and the breakfast room was to capacity. Hotel did thoughtfully open up conference rooms so overflow seating could be had. This place is just average so don't be looking for something that it isn't.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hello and greetings from Springfield,

I appreciate your comments and thank you for letting me know about the issue that you have experienced. Guest safety is our number one priority and we will make sure the persons at the desk received proper information on what to do when there is room change. I do apologize for this inconvenience.

Once again we appreciate your business and hopefully we are looking forward to have your business again in the future.

Waukegan, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I don't usually write reviews but I had to for this one...I must say I expected something completely different. I booked a room that was the "King Bed Studio Suite" for my husband, my 9 month old and myself for a one night stay and when we arrived we were greeted by the front desk very nicely although the computer systems were not working properly he accomidated us right away and said he would take care of it later. We went to our room and I realized that there was no refrigerator or microwave which I needed for my childs milk and juice. So I go to the front desk and ask if I was given the correct room. He says "Yes, you have to request the refrigerator and microwave" Ummm really? anyway.... They bring me the two appliances and stack the microwave on top of the fridge...A little distressing considering I have a little one bouncing around. So I look around the room and there are MOSQUITOS in the room!?!? The washroom was really clean but needs a serious make over the curtain doesnt even close all the way. The breakfast was meh....and the hallways stunk like when you have clothes in a closet in the basement for a while (If you know what I mean)....The beds were uncomfortable..Not to mention my husband fell off....Over all the staff is friendly and it's kind of clean. Except the pool. I will be looking for another hotel next time never again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ozkan D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
First off all we do appreciate your business and thank you for telling us about your concerns regarding your stay. Like most of the other Hampton inn's we do not have fridges and microwaves in our rooms and there are available first come first serve basis however we also have Hampton Inn and Suites Hotels which furbished more nicely and they all have fridge and microwaves already in the rooms and you don't have to request. If you ever come to Springfield please let us know about your needs so we can accommodate you at the suites or we can make arrangements prior your arrival, not after your arrival.
I am sorry to hear that your husband fell off the bed. I am just hoping he is doing OK now. I will investigate the room you have stayed and see why this may happened? Once again I am so sorry to hear that.

As far as our mattresses is the subject, they were all new and special order from Serta and made just for Hampton brand hotels. I am not sure why did you feel uncomfortable. I am sorry to hear that as well.

On the other side ia m glad to hear some good experience as far as the cleanliness and friendly service go. Thank you for recognize these. I will pass this on to my staff.

In the mean time if you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to contact me directly via email or phone at the Hampton inn Springfield. My number 217 5291100 and email is ozkan.dogan@hilton.com