“What you reserve may not be what you get”

Wingate by Wyndham Springfield
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Because of a corporate account I frequently stay in this hotel at Dirkson and Stevenson Drives. When traveling with my wife we must have an handicap room with roll-in shower (no tub). We reserve the room well in advance but when we arrive we are often told they gave the room to someone else, thus I am left lifting my wife in and out of the tub.

This hotel is not handicap friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
SPIDK_DOS, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Dear Eciba,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel, I am very sorry to hear that your request for a handicap accessible room was not fulfilled. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and I understand your frustration as your needs were not met. In your next trip to Springfield please contact me directly at the hotel and I will make sure that these requests are met so that you and your wife can have an enjoyable stay. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you!

Lindsey Gingerich
Director of Sales

There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Springfield

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Good Value. Average Hotel. Great Location.Good Selection of Restaurants Within Walking Distance.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ABRCalifornia
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We have family in the Springfield area and have visited several times in the last few years. We normally stay at the Hilton Garden Inn down the street from this Hampton. We had to make an impromptu trip to Springfield last week for a funeral and book a hotel on one day's notice - not much was available due to a business conference the same nights we were going to be in town. After searching a few hotels on Dirksen Parkway, we found some availability at the Hampton at affordable rates. I must say, the staff at this hotel is AMAZINGLY friendly and helpful. Front desk was very polite at check in. Breakfast spread was wonderful! It was nice to be able to grab something quick and hot before heading off to a funeral service without having to go to a restaurant. The breakfast hosts both mornings were very friendly and helpful. We were traveling with three small children, and on our second morning the host brought out 4 fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies for them. They were thrilled! The pool was at least twice the size of the pool at the Hilton Garden Inn. We will definitely be back to the Hampton the next time we are in town!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ucas0
SPIDK_DOS, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2011

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! Our first priority at the Hampton Inn is guest satisfaction and we are very pleased you left a satisfied and loyal guest! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Springfield and will have the chocolate chip cookies waiting for you!

Lindsey Young
Director of Sales

Reviewed July 22, 2010

The hotel is easy access to downtown Springfield and restaurants. The rooms are cozy and very quiet. Room was clean with very comfortable bed! The staff are professional and pleasant. The manager made an effort to greet his guests to send them off.

The breakfast buffet was tastey and much better than expected offering a lot of choices.

I have stayed here twice and will come back when traveling to Springfield.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Kikikiwi
Reviewed May 10, 2010

This Hampton seems to be very well taken care of -- it's clean, in good repair, plenty of free parking, and the free breakfast was extensive. One big issue -- when I reserved the room, I specifically asked if the hotel had a swimming pool and hot tub. I was told "yes". When I got there, the hot tub had been taken out. Second issue -- there is no "pay per view" option on the television -- no movies, no games, etc. Since there isn't a lot to do in Springfield, that's a problem.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2010

The Hampton Springfield is a very nice property. Very clean with friendly service. I would definitely stay again when back in the area. It is also a value compared to other hotels in the area. Great stay!!

RTG

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Since last fall, I have been traveling to Springfield at least once a month for business. I have continued to choose the Hampton Inn because of its location, the great service and the amenities. On several occaisions, upon arrival to my room, I was greeted with a welcome back card and goodies (bottle of water, chips and cookies). I've made friends with many of the staff too -- Nik, Sean, Doris and Shelley -- although I am sad to report that Shelley has left he job as the breakfast attendant. She was always very cheerful and made breakfast very enjoyable. The beds are extremely comfortable, which is always welcome when you are away from home. The free internet is great too -- so many hotels charge for it now. I will continue to choose Hampton Inn whenever I am in Springfield, mostly because of their emphasis on customer service, but also because of the clean comfortable rooms and amenities. Thanks for taking care of this weary traveler!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business