“Great Neighborhood Restaurant”
Review of Ross Isaac - CLOSED

Ross Isaac
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are located in the heart of Springfield just minutes away from anywhere in the area. We feature an eclectic menu of steaks, chops and fresh seafood blended with food grown by local farmers. Extensive wine list and home of the $5 Martini Monday. Great for casual meal or to impress out of town guests. Enjoy
Reviewed August 18, 2013

You can always count on a delicious and varied menu at Ross Isaac. The chef goes out of his way to source local ingredients. In a town that is impressed with Horseshoes, Chili and chain restaurants, my husband I appreciate the effort Sean puts into preparing interesting and eclectic meals.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

It's not the first time I've done a carry out and been disappointed. As I told Sean, it seems they don't like people like me (singles).

Some of the entrees are good in winter.

2  Thank Marianne62704
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We tried Ross Isaac a couple of years ago but was not impressed. But, our friends have tried it and thought they had improved. We had dinner at the end of June and we were very surprised at how much better they had become. Our food came warm to the table and quite good. I had a double cut pork chop and it was fabulous. The pork was succulent and the sides were also very good. I would recommend not sitting in the bar area if you like a more quiet atmosphere. The service needs a little more attention but we had a much better dining experience than our previous visits.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I decided to take our children out for a nice dinner. We went at 5:30 on a Friday and we were seated right away which was nice. Unfortunately did not feel very welcome by the hostess. She almost seemed annoyed. The food was just ok, a little bland if you ask me. Overall not worth the 200 we spent. I would not recommend it.

1  Thank Momofthree78
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Four of us went for dinner last night. Seated in the area near the bar, so it was noisy, but there are two other rooms farther from the bar and the TVs. Two of us had the rack of lamb and it was wonderful. I had it with grilled asparagus which was enhanced by balsamic sauce. My wife had the mussels (appetizer) as a main course. The portion was generous enough for an entree and the mussels were very good. Our other friend had the pork chop which was tender, juicy and very tasty. Service was adequate as are the surroundings, but nothing special. The food was the highlight.

1  Thank Scul2137ptor