Mansion View Inn
$102
Hampton.com
State House Inn(Springfield)
$94
Candlewood Suites Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$69
$99
$113
$93
  • Pool
Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$62
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We wanted to have lodging in the downtown area so that we could walk to all the attractions Springfield has to offer but did not want to spend much money. The lady at the front desk matched the internet price I had found. Overall the room was good though the bed showed its age. The hotel is located near a train crossing but having grown up in a railroad family the train whistle is a familiar sound and did not wake us. I would like to rate it somewhere between Poor and Average. For the price we were content with the accommodations and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Going to this motel was the worst experience I've ever had in my life. Other than being uncleanly and inconvenient, the residents that live in this place are horrible. I was kept up until 5:00 in the morning listening to drunken, loud mouth, low-lives screaming and yelling right outside my door. I continuously called the staff, and eventually a person was sent up to the second level to tell the drunks to knock it off, but this didn't stop them at all. There where entire groups of people leaning on the balcony right outside my room leaning, drinking, smoking and talking loudly. I asked them to knock it off but they didn't. I was absolutely livid.

Other than this horrible experience, the overall hotel and rooms aren't very cleanly. You can see stains and dirt in many places. I even saw a dead roach right outside. My room smelled odd at best. The overall layout is confusing. Even when I booked a room, the first room assigned to me was still a mess. It hadn't been cleaned. There where bed sheets thrown on the floor and the door was left open. I was eventually assigned the second not so cleanly room next to it.

It's a shame. My mother went to this motel when she was a kid during the 1960's. It used to be a nice place, with a pool too. All gone now. The quality is all gone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Adam A
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I found this hotel listed under my search in B&Bs. it is a nice place. it is near downtown Springfield. that puts it near the Ill. state Capital, and a few other attractions near by some good eateries, and they do include a good break fast in one's stay. In Springfield, Ill. allow for a 6% tax and another 6% tax for Ill. state lodging. this joint does have free booking and no credit card fees from them, on other card fees check with your card issuer. they seem to be accommodating to solo travelers, too. this is also, what seems a nice place for family travelers. my advice with any lodging: know the tip policy. if they are taking tips, be sure to tip if you want to be served again, next time. I do this, and have had no problems due to lack of expected tips.

Room Tip: the rooms nearest the street may be a little noisy from traffic on the road, at times. I did find it to be no problem for me.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Bill G
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Pros

Perfect location - walkable to all historic sights
Parking/Bed/breakfast for £42 we felt was good value
Room - clean albeit a little dated

Cons

Train line runs right behind hotel, which didn't bother us personally but I could see it annoying others. The trains just hoot and horn when going past. We were woken at 0200 and 0530 by trains!

Overall I would recommend this to all Route 66 travellers as we were who maybe on a budget and want to be walkable to all sights. It's clean, tidy, good central location, parking, and decent breakfast in morning.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank thomashayleyhowe
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Would NEVER recommend this spot to anyone of my collegues. I've been on a road trip for the past month and this is the crappy-est place I have every been in. NO comparison to any other hotel I've been it. Just filthy and run down. NO lamp in my room ... just all around awful.

Room Tip: higer floors have less a/c unit noise. this is all they would let me CHOOSE. just stay away
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo