“A Pleasant Surprise! - Not at All What I Expected!”

Incredibly Delicious
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Based on TA reviews, we decided on lunch at Incredibly Delicious.
We parked on the street in front (plenty of free parking - first pleasant surprise) and walked in the front door. Waiting for someone to seat us, a kind patron seated near the door told us we had to go on around the corner and down the hall to order - second surprise. While waiting to place our order, someone brought out some delicious french bread in thin slices along with a plate of olive oil - I could have just eaten lunch right there! Surprise 3!
Then we saw the menu of the day and decided on the spinach quiche and black bean soup. And I just couldn't resist the apple - blueberry tart in the case!
We found a table in the front parlor (this is in an old used mansion on knob hill) and settled in to wait for our food.
Very quickly the server brought our drinks and soon thereafter the quiches & soups.
The quiches were very tasty, moist and firm. The soup was excellent but a little sweet for my taste. The wheat bread accompanying the platter was excellent.
I have to admit, I cheated and ate a bite or two of the tart, so it was not a surprise when I dug in for real after eating the latter that is was wonderful!
Total tab for the two lunches was just over $20.
A great experience, good food, and a whole series of pleasant surprises!
I definitely recommend you try this place - we will

1  Thank BoilerMakerBob
There are newer reviews for Incredibly Delicious

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The desserts and baked goods are fantastic; the owner trained in France, and you won't be disappointed by anything you get in that department. The atmosphere is charming but feels a little cramped. The lunch menu is very small (which is to be expected - the meals are not where they specialize) and service is just okay, plus it's expensive and the hours are limited. That aside, you can find their goods at the local farmer's markets, and it's definitely worth a trip for dessert.

1  Thank perfectvelvet
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Seriously. Great bread. And great macaroons (try the carmel popcorn ones). Homemade blackberry iced tea was also delicious. If you have trouble parking, use the Springfield Clinic lot next door, it's huge, and half the staff eat at Incredibly Delicious!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great place to have a pastry or a nice sandwich. It's a quiet place and the location is good. Be sure to look around at the historic building.

1  Thank Michelle K P
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have been to the city of lights, lovers, food and so many movies. The two thinks that restaurants in this country seem to never be able to copy are Croissants and bagguettes. I have hitchhiked all arouind the US and Canada and have found this to be true. Incredibly Delicious is the only one I found to actually produce the real thing. They are located in and old mansion and have an old fashioned glass counter full of pastry. It looks line the window of a French bakery. The coffee is also good. The baker, of cours, trained in Paris. I sometimes meet my friend that I visited Paris with , here, so as to bring back the memory.