“A Solid Stay for the Price...”

Northfield Inn, Suites & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed October 30, 2013

First of all, this isn't a five star hotel. I think it's rated a 2-3, depending on your rating site. That being said, for the price I paid, I was very, very happy with this place and I think you would really have to have 5-Star expectations to find anything to truly complain about. I booked this on hotwire for $70.00 a night, staying two nights. Unfortunately, Hotwire forgot to tell the hotel. However, they made things right immediately, contacted the booking agent while I was right there, gave them some grief for screwing up my check in, and got me into a room right away. I was a little concerned however, as the room was directly off the main lobby and right next to the business center. I thought, "Oh, great! I am going to be hearing people coming and going all night long and a ton of noise!" Not so! I heard absolutely nothing, save for a group of teenage girls going back to their room about an hour after check in, giggling and laughing like teenage girls do while walking through the hallway. Lasted less than a minute, and that is the only noise I heard in the two days that I stayed there.

The room itself is very nice, super clean, and of average size. We booked a room with two queen beds, but I don't think the photos do it justice. When I saw the red carpeting in the pictures, I thought, "UGH!! Dated red carpeting!" But it is actually kind of an orangey red, and brand new! Likewise, the furniture all seems to be brand new, as well! And I really appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room, as my mother was traveling with me and she was planning to stay all day in the room while I was away at a meeting in another part of town and had the car. We had picked up some food for her that she was able to keep cold all night and heat up the next day, so she wasn't stuck there without a hot meal.

Speaking of food...they also have a nice free breakfast that is included with the room fee. It is a pretty nice variety...bagels, rolls, bread for toast, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, juice, coffee, tea, fruit, etc. one day there were eggs & sausage...which saves a traveler at least $10-$20 a day, depending on where you eat breakfast. The dining room was very clean, and even though they were busy, we did not have any trouble finding a place to sit. There are plenty of tables. And there is also a coffee pot and hot water dispenser with lemon water and tea bags in the lobby for after hours.

If you want to venture out, there seems to be plenty of fast food places right up the street. I can't remember what was all there for sure as we did not go to any of them, but I do remember there was an Arby's right there, and a Walmart a little further down the street as well if you need to pick anything else up, so super convenient.

I have to think really hard here to come up with anything to complain about, but the only thing I found less than stellar was the bathtub drain, which ran very, very slow. When I took a shower, there was standing water. However, it drained out rather quickly once the water stopped, so I think this is probably just a quick fix and certainly nothing that would prevent me from booking here again.

Overall, I think this is an awesome hotel with enough bells and whistles...free internet service in your room, too, which worked without a hitch...to make it well worth the time and money. Personally, I would not hesitate to stay here again, and probably will. Nothing over the top fancy-schmancy, but definitely a well above average stay in a nice, clean space with a staff that knows how a guest should be treated!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank elle55407

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I recently stayed here while attending a conference at the hotel. My room was clean, modern, quiet, and spacious. The AC worked well and the shower was hot with a choice of settings. The WiFi worked well. The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. There was some confusion during my check-in but they took care of it promptly and courteously. There is not a restaurant or room service in the hotel but they do have a continental breakfast that was good with both hot and cold food choices. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank debbie678
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Booked an overnight stay here & was pleasantly surprised at how clean, spacious, and covenient the hotel was to various shops, restaurants, and attractions. The room is spacious enough for our party of 3 on an overnight stay & offered a clean indoor pool and exercise room. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would surely recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Northfield Inn. It is very clean and quiet. All the employees were friendly and courteous. The banquet facility was right there at the hotel and the food was great. We would stay there again. There are restaurants within a short walk.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to arrive at Northfield Inn where the colors were bright and new, the place very clean and the new bedding soft and white! The rooms were spacious and again very clean. The staff was very friendly and courteous.
We were at a conference and it was nice to relax in a hotel such as Northfield.
The lights above the bed, nightlights were an added plus and just the right touch.
The breakfast was good, also.
The rooms even had microwaves, small frig, and table and chairs.
Excellent place!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed overnight for business. Check in was fast and pleasant. When I entered my room I was surprised to find a fully renovated, modern room with fridge, microwave and flat screen. Extremely clean and absolutely no smell of smoke. Busy place with weddings but halls were quiet and could not hear neighbors. Standard breakfast. Single woman traveling alone and felt very safe and secure. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

the rooms here are very big. the regular room was as big as a suite. the breakfast was okay: cold food with biscuits and gravy for the hot breakfast option. bed was comfortable, room was very clean. staff was helpful. the room was a great value f or the price.

• Stayed: September 2013