“Typical Steak and Shake, but a couple of rude staff.”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #318 of 485 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Takeout, Waitstaff
Littleton, Colorado
“Typical Steak and Shake, but a couple of rude staff.”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The food was the same as found at any Steak and Shake and our server was very good. A couple of the people busing tables were very rude though. One looked right at me and moved her bus cart into my path so that I had to take a long detour to the restroom. When I came back out another one just stood in front of me and I had to move out of her way. Nothing tragic, but the manager may want to have a refresher on treating customers with respect. I suspect that if they'd had tips dependent on me they would have been nicer.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Patty D

Cantrall, IL
“Losing some of their key elements.....”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

My wife and I went to this restaurant for what used to be our favorites. Her chili had very little meat in it. Mine was ok but not quite as tasty as usual. Main server forgot items and at one point there were different servers bringing us items. We did not understand that. Bottom line is that they need to work harder to try and regain their quality of food and service levels.

• Visited June 2014
illinois
“Steak and Shake at Prairie Crossing Needs Management”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My family and I have eaten there dozens of times and last few times, it appears it is on the downhill slide. Chili has been served cold and sent back on previous visits. Inconsistent on portions size. The servers are nice but forget things. They need to be reminded or additional requests need to be made for ordered items. In addition, I do not believe the same servers are on staff. There are different ones each time visited; with one exception, the busboy. On one visit, the grill people were having fun throwing buns at each other. The chili is decent although at times there is very little meat and plenty of beans. Sometimes it is thin tasting.

• Visited May 2014