All reviewsgas stationpower plantfront deskgreat hotelbob evanspotatoescookieswafflesnewer hotelsausageoff the highwayhot breakfasta great staythe breakfast areaother hotelsone night stayrefrigerator and microwave
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I chose this hotel because it is new making it clean and in good condition. Staff is very friendly and helpful though they did run out of cookies at the coffee bar today. They were good at making sure they honored my allergy requests. It is in an industrial area near the power plant but it appears lots of hotels are going into this area. I would stay here again. The breakfast was free and had meat, eggs, homemade waffles etc. but was typical so so food - did I say it was FREE. Free is always good. I hope they have something different tomorrow.

Room Tip: New means clean
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We are fans of the Country Inn & Suites hotels and were looking forward to seeing this "new style" that they are starting their renovations with. This location was just built six months ago. Very modern looking. Definitely not "country" décor. It's a different feel/look than previous. With that said I like it. This property was clean, safe, comfortable and enjoyable stay. Very close to the expressway and just down the road from restaurant chains and a few other hotels. I think maybe 15 minutes from downtown Springfield.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 2walkonh2o
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Recently visited Springfield to see the Capitol building and Lincoln sites. While this hotel is not really close to these attractions, its only minutes away and has easy access to the Interstate and is within blocks of several good restaurants. Also, parking is free, unlike most hotels in downtown.

This hotel is fairly new, and everything was very clean. The rooms were average size, but the beds were incredibly comfortable. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. As with all Country Inns we have stayed at, breakfast was very good.

My only criticism would be the lack of a light in the shower.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeetheParks7
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Very nice. Good variety for breakfast. Staff very helpful. Great rooms. Bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. Close to restaurants. The shower had the rainwater head and was nice. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Larry T
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This nice new hotel is excellent. Excellent customer service, beautiful surroundings. The rooms are larger than average and have very smart power outlet locations throughout. But the best part is the bed. I am researching the mattress as I slept like a baby (rare for me). I did not toss and turn. I contacted the hotel to find out what mattress they use and I will post once I find out.
Bottom line: great value for price. Hot breakfast on real plates and with real silverware is just what you would expect from a pricer hotel. Join club Carlson and save on yoru room (cheaper than Hotels.com and Priceline.com).

I paid just over $100 for a King suite. Pool was fun as well!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business