“Pasta Primavera”

Ranked #21 of 489 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We cordially invite you to enjoy lunch, dinner or a cocktail. At Mangia’s, guests are #1. From the moment you arrive at our casually elegant establishment, we present warm, attentive and personalized service. We offer authentic Italian cuisine using homemade sauces, fresh ingredients, and creative recipes. You can choose from Appetizers, Salads, Pasta Specials, or Pasta Modo Mio – you choose your pasta, sauce and accompaniment . Or try our Daily Special. We also offer steak, chicken and seafood. And your meal won’t be complete without trying the Chef’s own Butterscotch Cannoli! Weather permitting, outside seating is available on the south side of the plaza, viewing the Old State Capitol. All within walking distance of the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, and great shops. Dine-in, Carry-out, Delivery (downtown area), Catering, Gift CertificatesReservations Accepted , Full Bar – Fine Dining, Casual AtmosphereMangia Bene !!
Pekin, Illinois
“Pasta Primavera”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

The food and drinks @ this restaurant are delicious! A little expensive but soooo good! The building is facing the "old state capitol". We went right when it opened and it wasn't busy yet. Definitely recommend the restaurant!!

• Visited May 2014

“Didn't get what I ordered!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

This was our second time to try Mangia. My son had cannelloni and loved it. My husband had Chicken Francais and thought it was good. I ordered butter and garlic spaghetti and got something else. I asked the server what the nut type ingredient was and she said pine nuts. I told her that I had this dish before and it did not have nuts in it. She offered to get it remade with less nuts but that they do come in this dish. At the end of the meal, I grabbed a menu and told her she did not give me the dish that I had ordered. She gave me a dish that did have pine nuts in it, but that the butter and garlic dish that I ordered did not. She just said sorry. Was charged full price for the meal that I got but didn't order. Didn't offer to reduce the meal, give free desert, nothing. Disappointed me that a dining establishment wouldn't have provider better customer service. She knew I had the wrong meal, but did nothing for service recovery. For a $70 meal for three, I really expected better.

Visited May 2014
Springfield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tasting food”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We walked in on a Saturday night without a reservation. Although this was probably not ideal for the wait staff, they got us a table. Everything that we ate was simply delicious. The only reason that I am rating this a four rather than a five is that our server was less than enthusiastic and obviously wanted to be somewhere besides work that evening. I wanted to take my leftovers and she picked up my plate and placed my husband's right on top of my food. Wasn't paying any attention to what we were saying. Would I go again? Absolutely!

Visited May 2014
Springfield, Illinois
“A Great surprise.”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

What a wonderful experience. 4 great meals with good wine and excellent and speedy service. Being a Friday night, we were pleased to be waited and served quickly. The waitress checked on us several times. The Chicken Marsala was one of the best I've ever had with an excellent sauce. Bread served with salad and more with the meal. Definitely recommend this place. Also was glad to see so many downtown.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Semomu
Springfield, Illinois
“A First Time Disappointment Also...had the same experience as a previous reviewer!!.”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We also were seated at a VERY small table against a wall at the front. We kept getting bumped from people at a large round table next to us. The service was EXTREMELY slow. We had to ask for a waitress twice just to get water and find out if we even had a waitress. Then we had to wait an extremely long time to have our order taken. When we asked for wine with dinner we were told after another long wait that there were no glasses. Really? The bread was stale and the food was barely warm. What a shame for a restaurant with a nice atmosphere to have such poor service and food.

• Visited April 2014