“Reminds us of North End in Boston”

Mangia Pasta Steak Seafood
Ranked #20 of 491 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We cordially invite you to enjoy lunch, dinner or a cocktail. At Mangia’s, guests are #1. From the moment you arrive at our casually elegant establishment, we present warm, attentive and personalized service. We offer authentic Italian cuisine using homemade sauces, fresh ingredients, and creative recipes. You can choose from Appetizers, Salads, Pasta Specials, or Pasta Modo Mio – you choose your pasta, sauce and accompaniment . Or try our Daily Special. We also offer steak, chicken and seafood. And your meal won’t be complete without trying the Chef’s own Butterscotch Cannoli! Weather permitting, outside seating is available on the south side of the plaza, viewing the Old State Capitol. All within walking distance of the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, and great shops. Dine-in, Carry-out, Delivery (downtown area), Catering, Gift CertificatesReservations Accepted , Full Bar – Fine Dining, Casual AtmosphereMangia Bene !!
Reviewed March 29, 2014

After living in Boston for nearly 30 years we retired home to IL and missed the amazing food. But, WOW, we came to Springfield for the day and found Mangia's. The food was terrific, the atmosphere romantic and the staff were great. Loved it!! Will be back!!

1  Thank Bob S
There are newer reviews for Mangia Pasta Steak Seafood

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate here after purchasing one if the Daily Deal Coupons and I have to say I was impressed. The waitress we had was very informative and helpful. We stated with toasted cheese which was really good. My wife had shrimp scampi and I had the Italiano Rustico. There was nothing left when we were finished. I can say without a doubt we will be going back even without the coupon.

1  Thank Tiremaster
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I've been to Mangia five times now for lunch and dinner. I want to love it for the good food, nice prices, and great location, but I remain disappointed. The food quality has been spotty; not-so-fresh salad greens, or items I've ordered have missing ingredients with no explanation from the server (until I ask). They can't seem to provide lunch service in less than an hour and 20 minutes. My order has been screwed up all 5 times I've been there.

Here are some tips from a potentially loyal customer:
1. If you're out of something that's listed on the menu (even just part of the ingredients) tell the customer when they order it; rather than have them be disappointed when it finally arrives.
2. It would be nice if servers would come to the table more than once after bringing the food.
3. Work with your kitchen and servers to speed up the lunch service. Most of your competition downtown gets people in and out in an hour or less.
4. If you screw up a customer's order more than once in the same sitting consider compensating the customer in some way; a discount, or even just an apology from management will go a long way. It's pretty ridiculous to have to send something back twice because the wrong menu item is brought to the table - twice. The only positive thing I have to say about that particular experience is that someone who works there (not my waiter) offered to place my correct order in a to go container for me. I appreciated not having to do it myself and risk getting sauce on my suit since my entire lunch hour was spent waiting for my food to finally arrive.

2  Thank DSchwartz2014
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We are a local couple first time here for dinner. Warm, inviting atmosphere...exposed brick wall, subtle lighting, cozy booths, nice background music. Service started out slow. No one came to our table for about 10 minutes. The waitress then apologized and said they were short staffed. After that, she was quite attentive. She made an excellent wine recommendation (there is a wine list above and beyond the little card on the table). It was Maraia Barbera Del Monferrato, a nice red. We started with the antipasto tray, which we took a photo of and is included with this review. For dinner, I had eggplant Parmesan, and my husband had lasagna. Both meals, while nothing beyond fairly typical Italian, were served nice and hot, were good portions and overall quite enjoyable. We then had the cannoli trio for dessert. The 3 cannolis were delicious. We really enjoyed our evening at Mangia and definitely will return. Recommend you make a reservation - we made ours earlier the same day - tried for 7 pm but they were completely booked. We were able to get one for 6:30. It is great to see a downtown Springfield restaurant quite busy and with a nice vibe on a Saturday night!

1  Thank LoriH611
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was the second time we dined at Mangia. It was a birthday celebration with friends. The first time was the same. Food is very good and reasonably priced. Love the location. If you go, reserve the table up front by the window! Great window watching. I had one of the specials, butternut squash ravioli. It was $16.95 and included a salad and bread. (Bread was cold and too garlicky.) Ravioli was wonderful. The rest of the party had the other special, bacon and blue cheese filet mignon. Also with salad and bread. They all agreed it was very good. It was $28. They felt it was well worth money. My biggest fear is the restaurant will not stay open as is the case with a few of the restaurants at this location. So please, please, please, patronize this place!!

1  Thank spfldILnative