“Cheap good food”

Ranked #255 of 491 Restaurants in Springfield
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Staying at motel 6 I ate here as it is right next door. The food was simple but good and at a very good price.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

They have great breakfast at great low prices!! Its like a home cooked meal without cooking yourself!!!

1  Thank May D
Reviewed September 7, 2012

In passing through Springfield I stopped to stay at the Motel 6 on Toronto Road. Right next store sat an interesting restaurant called the Hen House that looked very promising. Immediately upon entering I was greeted by a very friendly waitress, Lisa. As she sat me down she told me the nightly special was all you can eat Fried Chicken, 2 sides and a fresh yeast roll for $8.99 - there was no reason to look at the menu because with a name like the Hen House I was in the mood for some good chicken. The quality of the food was amazing. The chicken was something like your Grandma would fix for Sunday dinner. The crust was very crispy, the seasonings just right and the the pieces were large and juicy. I demolished 5 pieces of chicken. The fresh yeast roll was very large and delicious. The Macaroni and Cheese, as well as the Mash Potatoes with White Gravy were also top quality. Kudos to Kelly for serving up some of the best Fried Chicken I have had in a while. If there is any better in the region I would be surprised. I will surely make this a regular stop on my travels through this area. Thanks for a great meal and thanks to Lisa for making me feel at home.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had breakfast here and the food was terrific. I like eggs and order them over medium. Most places the eggs are anything but over medium! Here I got them exactly right! They were fried to perfection and everything else was great too. The coffee was even good! It wasn't instant and it wasn't brewed to death! I would highly recommend the Hen House to everyone.

1  Thank IAMom_09
Reviewed July 10, 2012

It's a great little stop. The food is country-style - tasty when traveling. Comfort-food goodness and the prices are SWEET!