“Good Cookin'”

Ranked #98 of 485 Restaurants in Springfield
Mascoutah, Illinois
“Good Cookin'”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great family restaurant. Good variety of food and the prices were reasonable. Clean. Staff friendly. Only one waitress and my drink was not refilled, otherwise no complaints

Visited August 2012

Renton, Washington
“We will return!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We’ve been twice to this restaurant when visiting our son with his children and really really like it. The children, too, enjoy their meals. We had the “Pick 3” of 4 – which is a great priced meal, especially since it includes a piece of pie, if that is one of your choices. The salads are particularly good. The childrenhad their favorite omelets from the breakfast menu.
Everything about this restaurant is good, although it takes quite a while to get your meal. But the waitress was so nice, and we were enjoying the atmosphere so it really didn’t matter. We’ll go here again with the kids when we return.

• Visited July 2012
“Great pie but that's about it”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The pie here is amazing (although super expensive) and we've stopped in many times to get a slice while in town. However, the last time we were here, we decided to finally eat lunch. We were all disappointed in the menu. Nothing really appealed to anybody, so it looks like this will just remain a dessert only kind of place for us.

Visited July 2011
Petersburg, Il
“Love this Place!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I just read the review from "cyasukot" and I could not dis-agree more. Maybe they were here along time ago. I usually go between 1:00-4:00p.m. and it is a GREAT place to eat. Not crowded at those hours, and the hostesses/servers are friendly! Recently discovered their "flat bread sandwiches, with salad and pie combos"...OMG! We can't get enough of these! Give it a try during the slower hours, it is wonderful!

• Visited April 2012
Lincoln, Illinois
“Dirty, Discouraging, Disrespectful”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I'm not a fan of chain restaurants, but I do like Baker's Square. The one in Springfield, however, is a disgrace to the franchise.

1. It's dirty. Really dirty. As in worn carpets streaked with mud and a smell of sour milk coming from the kitchen.

2. The food is terrible. They have the same items as in any Baker's Square, but everything is overcooked, deflated looking, sliced unevenly, underseasoned - just plain old tired. One of my dinner companions had the chicken avocado melt - one of my favorites on the menu - and out came a sandwich on soggy, untoasted bread with unmelted cheese and one measley slice of blackened, squashed avocado.

3. The service is disrespectful. When my friend suggested that this sandwich was not at all up to what she'd been expected (or what was advertised on the menu), the server was like "so, what do you want me to do about it?" (Take it back and bring me one one on toasted bread with melted cheese and a fresh couple of slices of avocado, duh!) My friend requested that she take the sandwich to the kitchen and bring it back with some better looking avocado slices.

15 minutes later, her sandwich was handed back to her untouched (the same black avocado was still on the soggy bread and cold cheese) but she was also handed a saucer (not a small plate - a saucer for a coffee cup) with 2 more black, rotting slices of avocado on it. "Here, is this what you want? We won't charge you extra," she was told.

Never again. Baker's Square, you ought to close this place down, it's ruining your reputation.

• Visited July 2011