“Nasty with a side if gross toast”
Review of Spaghetti Shop

Spaghetti Shop
Ranked #325 of 495 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this Resturant to anyone I knew . Walking in was awful the employees were hanging out in the dining area and had to jump up to "greet" my boyfriend and myself . The greeting was very uninviting and unpleasant . We ordered the uncle Louis bacon sub and twice backed lasagna .. It arrived rather quickly but the girl behind the register was telling the cook in the back through the window how to cook what we ordered. As we waited I noticed how filthy the place truly was. On the counter were pre made salads behind a glass that could barly be seen through as well as blocks of cheese at room temp . We chose take out and when we sat down to eat dinner we were truly disappointed . The sub consisted of a thin layer of lunch meat and unmelted cheese . Gross . The lasagna was doughy and tasteless the huge sausage links were disgusting .. Don't even get me started on the garlic bread! I would never go back to this place and I will never reccomend anyone to go here either ... Yuck!!!!!!

1  Thank Halford2226

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I am actually still standing waiting for my food. Took 5 minutes for the guy on his cell phone to even acknowledge that I was here. The only reason I am still here is I really want the garlic bread.

3  Thank Tiremaster
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This was a nice carryout place. I will make it a regular. Their menu is a bit confusing as I wanted a salad with my pasta. Next time I will tell them up front. Some workers just do not know.

1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I guess if you like microwaved food that may or may not be fully heated throughout this may be the place for you but even if looking for a quick and inexpensive lunch, I avoid this place.

1  Thank Anna19731970
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Wow, I have no idea how this place could have any better rating than Terrible! Not only does the place come off as McOlive Garden when you walk in, the service is terrible. You walk into a cold stale atmosphere that reeks of the nostalgia of grade school cafeteria. (Not the good kind of nostalgia) I, along with my girlfriend, was greeted (if you call a blank stare a greeting) by a girl who looked like she walked off the street and hated her life. My gf then asked what the girl recommended, she replied with this, "umm, well [3 long minutes and uncomfortable silence with brief moments of eye contact pass] I guess the spaghetti is pretty good?" That is when I began to understand how this place worked. But, we had a two for one coupon, so hell fire wouldn't keep us from eating there. Behind the register girl sat a completely empty kitchen, void of any smells that would insinuate food was ever cooked there.

After ordering we were not directed to do anything, we sat like tourists, lost and unaware of where to go, until finally I just decided to sit down and prey I would see food eventually. We walk into the cold, ugly dining room where no music played but a large TV was blaring FOX news, nothing goes with Italian food like loud mouthed politicians complaining about the economy. The restaurant was empty but somehow our table sat like the beaches of Normandy after D-day, with debris littered on and around it.

Ok, so I appreciate a speedy delivery of food, but no Italian food ever, EVER should arrive to my table in less than 3 minutes. The food was a complete joke, I ordered the “Chicken Alfredo”, and received what I can only assume was microwaved chicken and noodles with a garlic milk sauce poured on top. What my girlfriend received was even worse. She decided on the “Sample Platter “because our recommendation was less than helpful. She was given a small blue plastic bowl that was worn from years of abuse, making her feel like a 2 year old child eating from her highchair. The food was bland, tasteless, and COLD. The spaghetti was tomato water atop cheap thick noodles that would make Chef Boyardee gag. I must say this; the garlic bread was actually pretty good. The place claimed it was endless garlic bread but we never saw anyone after we were delivered our food.

So after walking away with a sour stomach and still hungry I will say this; I really truly am happy my girlfriend and I made the trip to this atrocious "restaurant" because it provided us with a half hour of entertainment, everything from laughing at the horrific decor, to trying to decide how long our meals sat, prepared, in a freezer until they were beckoned to be reheated...

If you are looking for a nice Italian meal, with a comfy atmosphere and great service...go somewhere else. But, if you are wanting a perfect business model for how NOT to run a restaurant, and how to turn a good idea into an over franchised, ugly, assembly line shack; then check this place out ASAP. It will provide you a good laugh, and maybe even food poisoning. Good luck!

8  Thank jspen3