“Unique Experience”

Charlie Parker's Diner
Ranked #2 of 485 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 1950's themed diner serving American cuisine. Famous for our breakfast Horseshoe and 16" pancake.
Pekin, Illinois
“Unique Experience”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This place was kind of off the beaten path not a location you would think for a restaurant but this isn't a typical looking diner. The quasi hut building is quite unique for the diner and the inside decor is filled with roadside and antique memorabilia. I ate at the counter and the restaurant was very busy, the gentlemen running the counter and food window for the whole place was very efficient and notice he was getting the food out quickly. Even though the horseshoes that the are famous for, I did not order that meal as I seen them coming out the window it was large and heaping full of food it looked too much for me and since I was traveling a doggy bag is not an option for me. I did have the Charlie's Special Chicken breast sandwich with a chipotle sauce that was good with a cup of cheese burger soup which I enjoyed as well as real mashed potato and gravy. The overall service was good and organized and as other wait staff passed by they also asked if you needed anything. I would return to eat here next passing through Springfield.

Visited June 2013

Bourbon, Indiana
“Try the Horseshoe”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We actually ate at Charles Parker's twice while in Springfield. A fun little mom and pop diner. We had seen it on Diner's Drive-ins and Dives and had to check it out. Glad we did. It was busy both times we went, once for breakfast and once for lunch. Note they are not open for dinner - closes at 2:00pm. The specialty is horseshoes and I tried a breakfast and lunch variety. Both were good but I highly recommend the breakfast one. The pony is the smaller portion and I couldn't even finish that. The lunch one has a cheese sauce that got to me after awhile but the breakfast gravy is amazing. Prices are very reasonable for the amount of food you get. Will definitely go back if we are in Springfield again.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Tammie B
Wheelersburg, Ohio
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stopped by, as a lot of locals told us to try it. Well worth the stop. The place was crowded, but we didn't wait long. Service and food was great. You take step back in time at a unique diner. Would stop by again.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank 86MissyJ
“a step back in time”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Diner type place but with awesome food & great service. don't judge the outside looks go in & you will be pleased. large portions & great prices you won't be disappointed. only draw back they are only open for breakfast & lunch. If you can get through a giant pancake wow is all I can say. this has been on the food network on diners drive ins & dives. a must check out if in Springfield Illinois

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bonnie S
Surprise, Arizona
“THE place to go for breakfast in Springfield”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We eat at Charlie Parker's at least twice a month for breakfast. The staff is friendly and fast, the kitchen is fast, and our orders are always correct. We usually get a simple egg dish, meat, hash browns, and toast. The portions are ample and depending what I order, I have some to take home for the next morning, Toward lunch time, we enjoy their chef salads. It is also big and filling,

The down side is sometimes there is a 15-30 minute wait and once inside, the restaurant is crowded, so don't expect to have quiet, intimate conversations. It can be a little loud.

• Visited May 2013