“Diners, Dives and Drive ins”

Charlie Parker's Diner
Ranked #2 of 485 Restaurants in Springfield
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: 1950's themed diner serving American cuisine. Famous for our breakfast Horseshoe and 16" pancake.
Springfield, Illinois
“Diners, Dives and Drive ins”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I liked two things, Very Generous portions and lots of home made specials. I had a pony hamburger horseshoe, Excellent!
They also have huge pancakes and if you eat either 3-4 of them they are free. Pretty Cool place 50's & 60's decor and music

Visited September 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Very Good Place for Breakfast”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Quick service at breakfast, good and friendly service, good prices. I have not eaten there for lunch or dinner for 4 or 5 years.

Visited July 2012
Highlands Ranch
“Comfort food in a funky location”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This quonset hut diner has a big menu full of old standbys and the local favorite -- horsehoe. Big portions, very filling. Wroth a visit if you're a diner lover like me. Guy Fieri had the breakfast "shoe."

Visited September 2012
Illinois
“Worth the quick stop!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

After seeing Charlie Parkers on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives," we finally were able to get there. It was worth the stop! The Quonset style of the building is a fooler. It is not huge inside and so on a Saturday AM, there appeared to be a large wait. The "large wait" was less than 10 minutes and in 40 minutes we were on our way out the door satisfied and full. For the size of the plate of the "horseshoe" that I had, I thought I would feel stuffed if I ate it all. To Charlie Parkers staffs' credit, it is a satisfying breakfast horseshoe without that feeling you ate too much! I couldn't believe that I ate the whole thing without feeling sick! It was delish! The atmosphere is fun, service is speedy, and definitely a diner! Cannot wait to stop in again with some friends next time.

• Visited September 2012
illinois
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

There were 6 of us including my 2 nephews there for breakfast. The menu is full of wonderful choices. I the the breakfast burrito and loved it. My nephews had the 16 inch pancakes and their eyes were huge when they say the size. (like a large pizza & on a pizza pan). A very unique building with great decor on the walls such as records and old signs. I highly recommend it. Just remember it is a " diner and not a fancy place. I will be back for more!!!

• Visited September 2012