“Joined the Strip Club” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Springfield, Illinois
“Joined the Strip Club”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Why would anyone visit a restaurant based on a friend's comment about something as basic as Chicken Strips? But when several other acquaintances also commented on the Strips, it was time to make our first visit in many moons. I chose the Shrimp and "Chicken Tenders" combo which came with two sides for abour $13. Well, things have changed at this restaurant. The chicken was lightly breaded, juicy, tasty, plentiful and indeed some of best I've tasted anywhere. The Shrimp was equally well prepared. My guest had a hamburger combo meal and was just as pleased with everything. It was weeknight and the crowd at 6PM was light. We split a margarita which was enough for both us. At close to $6 or $7 for the shaker which they leave at the table, we were truly surprised and impressed. So count me in as one of newest advocates of Cheddar's Chicken Strips - and as for the rest of the meal...also an A plus which earns this establishment he latest Don Doodle endorsement.

• Visited May 2013

Evanston, Illinois
“Much better options for families with kids”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Slow service, over cooked food, overall Steak and Shake was much better and it was just down the street.

Visited April 2013
Springfield, Illinois
“just a terrible visit!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

my husband and I went here on a Friday night, it was not busy. Got seated right away. It took a while to get waitress to take our drink order. Got our drinks, took another while to get our food order, I ordered a Monte Cristo and my husband ordered catfish. A half hour went by, I stopped waitress and asked how much longer, she said she would check. Ten minutes later, she comes by and says You are going to hate me, but they are out of Monte Cristos.
This was after 40 minutes after we placed our order!!! She asked if I wanted to order something else, so I ordered a chicken quesadilla. she said she would put a rush on it. The manager, I guess, came over and gave us a free dinner coupon and apologized. The waitress also gave us a free coupon for a dinner and dessert. Finally got our food. It was not horrible, but not that great. I don't know if we will be back. Oh and when we got the bill, it still had the monte cristo on it. The waitress said manager took it off. So we had to wait again to get that fixed.

Marshfield, Wisconsin
“broccoli-rice cheese hotdish side X 2”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Grilled catfish in lemon pepper sauce on a rice pilaf of chopped cooked carrots and peas is a uniformly warm comfort food. The vanilla milk shake was scant and foamy especially for the price of $3.49, it comes in a heavy glass which must've been warm. The lightly breaded mozzarella sticks were huge and hot with a tough choice of maranara sauce and ranch dressing which were superb.

Good cooking takes time. This is not fast food.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Service lacked personality.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Waiter had a hard time smiling. Everything else was good. A lot of food for the money. Will be going back

• 2 of 5 bubbles