“Horrible service with mediocre food”
Review of O'Charley's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
O'Charley's
Ranked #129 of 494 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Both of the last two times I have visited this restaurant, it took more than an hour to get my food after being seated at the table. This last time, they were out of food on the menu and explained it was because the menu was changing in a couple days, so the manager stopped ordering the items we wanted. The waitress could never remember who ordered what at our table. She gave all of us the wrong drinks and food items. In addition, she handed me my plate from across the table and asked me to hand it to her when we were done. There was plenty of room around our table for her to walk around and serve each of us the proper way. I am done with this place and would suggest you choose another place to eat of you want good food and great service. You won't get either at this place.

1  Thank BeachLover2001

Reviewed January 6, 2013

O'Charley's is located near most of the high profile shopping centers in Springfield, so it is a convenient stopping point from Prairie Crossing, White Oaks Mall, and other places in the area. With plenty of choices on the menu for $9.99 the overall value was very good. The cowboy sirlion, requested as rare, came to us cold. The meat was cooked correctly, but you lose the excitement of a great sirlion when the temperature of the product rivaled that of the ice water. We also ordered the stawberry waffe which was lukewarm and not very (hmmm....how do I describe this...) waffly? Sorry- IHOP just spoils us don't they? The honey drizzle chicken was very good, and hot. A little too much breading for my taste, but overall a good meal. Now, if we can just find the waiter to A) bring us the check B) bring us a box for the slice of pie - seeing how we were running out of time due to the slow service. So, if you're coming - especially on a Sunday afternoon, set aside lots of time and try not to be overly hungry. The "smashed" potatoes need a more aggressive "smasher" as we found marble sized chuncks of not so cooked potoates inside - however, the part that was actually smashed was very good. So, I'll have to say that O's problem was not lack of quality - just lack of dedication to preparing everything properly. I'm putting this one on the B list for awhile. Your results may vary.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

On a busy Thankgiving eve, we passed on Steak and Shake as it was packed and went next door to O Charleys and enjoyed ourselves. We just wanted a quick burger. Got fast seating, good waitress and one of the best cheeseburgers I've had in a long time. Fair price too. Clean and nicely decorated. I will return!

1  Thank Johhhhn
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The place is not what it used to be. I will never go back. The service is horrible. Clumsy waitresses repeatedly have spilled drinks on customers and failed to clean up adequately. The restaurant is dirty. The food has gone down in quality.

2  Thank Gourmand811
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have never been to an O'Charley's. Had no idea what to expect. It was good. Clean place. Good service. It seemed to be a mix between an Applebee's and Texas Roadhouse. The rolls were ok. Not as great as Texas Roadhouse though! And no cinnamon butter :) But still satisfying. We got the Cowboy Steak. Oh wow. It was pretty peppery and I thought my mouth was going to burn up, but it was so good and perfectly cooked to how I'd asked (medium) I just couldn't stop eating it.

A good value, good variety to choose from so there's something for everyone to choose from on the menu, including children/teens.

1  Thank CinnaPatty

Been to O'Charley's? Share your experiences!