“Great Irish Food and more”
Review of D'arcy's Pint

D'arcy's Pint
Ranked #7 of 496 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Hubby had the mussels appetizer which he really enjoyed. He then had the corned beef and cabbage dinner. The corned beef is sliced thin and then put on the griddle before plating. The potatoes were creamy and cabbage cooked just right. I had the corned beef boxty. It was wonderful. I'd never heard of a boxty which is a common Irish dish I learned. It is a potato pancake lightly seasoned and served with parslied butter. The corned beef is served with a horseradish sauce. I noticed while there that many of the part sons were enjoying a Springfield specialty the horse shoe. I saw at least 20 served so they must' be good too. We really enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've eaten here several times. I enjoy the food, but the atmosphere is terrible, almost unbearable.

The wait staff and management are generally unfriendly and curt. It's always crowded though so they're doing something right.

In my eyes, the something that they do well is the food. because of the consistently poor service, I order it to-go. Though they occasionally send things home incorrect, The quality of the food is usually good.

This would be a one or two star restaurant, but the food itself briings it up a bit.

Homestyle cooking, nothing fancy. I'd recommend the Shepard's Pie.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Darcy's Pint is a good restaurant that offers great food and casual dining. We have been several times and never had to wait for more than 20 minutes or so. Like that they have an outdoor patio so when the weather is nice, we can sit out on the patio and have a few drinks while we wait for a table to open up. The service has been really good, and our food has been brought to us fairly quick. They are famous for their horseshoe sandwiches but have never tried it. We have tried the pot roast, the tenderloin sandwich and some other menu items that are very tasty. The prices are very reasonable and they had a descent variety of beers.

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

This is THE place to go in Springfield for the famous horseshoe sandwiches. Lots of varieties to choose from plus mild or spicy cheese. I had the supreme horseshoe, and even though I was very hungry, I couldn't finish it. The server was very nice, and our food was to our table in under 10 minutes.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

All I heard was get the horseshoe...get the horseshoe...so I got the horseshoe....It's forgettable. Don't get me wrong, the food is okay, but nothing more than a chicken breast on a piece of toast with fries and a pound of cheese sauce...not sure how brilliant that is but okay.

Decent place to watch a game and grab a beer, but not a great place to continue to visit.

Been to D'arcy's Pint? Share your experiences!