“Pretty good food, average prices, poor service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of D'arcy's Pint

D'arcy's Pint
Ranked #3 of 484 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Springfield, Illinois
“Pretty good food, average prices, poor service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've eaten here several times. I enjoy the food, but the atmosphere is terrible, almost unbearable.

The wait staff and management are generally unfriendly and curt. It's always crowded though so they're doing something right.

In my eyes, the something that they do well is the food. because of the consistently poor service, I order it to-go. Though they occasionally send things home incorrect, The quality of the food is usually good.

This would be a one or two star restaurant, but the food itself briings it up a bit.

Homestyle cooking, nothing fancy. I'd recommend the Shepard's Pie.

ILLINOIS
“Good food and casual dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Darcy's Pint is a good restaurant that offers great food and casual dining. We have been several times and never had to wait for more than 20 minutes or so. Like that they have an outdoor patio so when the weather is nice, we can sit out on the patio and have a few drinks while we wait for a table to open up. The service has been really good, and our food has been brought to us fairly quick. They are famous for their horseshoe sandwiches but have never tried it. We have tried the pot roast, the tenderloin sandwich and some other menu items that are very tasty. The prices are very reasonable and they had a descent variety of beers.

“Horseshoe Heaven!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

This is THE place to go in Springfield for the famous horseshoe sandwiches. Lots of varieties to choose from plus mild or spicy cheese. I had the supreme horseshoe, and even though I was very hungry, I couldn't finish it. The server was very nice, and our food was to our table in under 10 minutes.

Saint James, New York
“It's okay...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

All I heard was get the horseshoe...get the horseshoe...so I got the horseshoe....It's forgettable. Don't get me wrong, the food is okay, but nothing more than a chicken breast on a piece of toast with fries and a pound of cheese sauce...not sure how brilliant that is but okay.

Decent place to watch a game and grab a beer, but not a great place to continue to visit.

Heartland Illinois
“Best Horseshoes Ever, Arrive Early As they Get Crowded”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had an early dinner the other day. The menu included a Philly Cheese Steak horseshoe. Had to try this it was great. The only horseshoe I like more is their Buffalo Wing horseshoe. If you want a great meal at reasonable prices, try this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012

Been to D'arcy's Pint? Share your experiences!