“A Springfield "monument"”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Luxemburg Inn

Old Luxemburg Inn
Ranked #37 of 484 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
IL
“A Springfield "monument"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

The Old Lux is not going to be filled with the young "hip" crowd of Springfield, but with the locals who are looking for consistent good food at good prices. On weekends you can have a large filet and shrimp or clams for under $18, along with a garden salad (you must try the house dressing--creamy garlic) and a choice of side. I recommend the baked potato with their own, for a small additional charge, "chive cheese sauce." That's how the locals do it. Take note, the Old Lux is not in the safest area of town, thus an off-duty patrol sits outside the restaurant at the parking lot across the street. We've been going to the Old Lux for years and this is the case and we always feel safe. A old time bar and cocktails are always available, too.

• Visited November 2011
4 Thank Psyprof51

Cantrall
“Poor Management”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Have really good chicken but poor management. Had to wait over five minutes to be seated because manage was busy having his picture taken with his son. When we had waited for our food over an hour I complained to the manager whose response was leave if you want--we can't do it right every time.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Jeffrey S
Springfield, Illinois
“The Best Fried Chicken in Springfield”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

My husband & I have gone to the Old Lux on a fairly regular basis, and although they have wonderful steaks, catfish & lobster, I have always gotten their fried chicken because it is the best in Springfield. Their servers are wonderful - they make you feel like friends, from the moment you enter their door. It's casual dining, great food, quiet, down-home atmosphere. Although the neighborhood may make first-time patrons a little nervous, it is a safe place. They have security in their parking lot. We have never had any problems - ever. We're going back to celebrate our anniversary.

• Visited March 2012
6 Thank Nancy M
Lincoln, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The worst place ever.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

I was first of all afraid of the neighborhood it was in I felt like my life was in danger. Secondly it took forever to get my food and when I did get the food it was cold. The manager was of no help what so ever. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank Elijah C
girard, il
“excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

A few years ago the service wasn't good and the food declined. That has all changed. The food is great and very reasonably priced. Filets are great. And now the service both in time to be served and the servers are excellent. I now go there at least twice a month and would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited February 2012