“Was made better by manager.”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #85 of 494 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A friend and I ate at the Red Lobster in Springfield, IL. When we arrived, the establishment was busy, but there were a few tables left. The waitress took a little while to get to us. We ordered, but never got our water, which we eventually I asked her for. My friend's and my dish came out in a reasonable time, but mine was luke warm. Some seafood is not good luke warm, also baked potatoes are not good luke warm. We asked the waitress, after we caught here eye, to have the food heated back to hot as it was no longer hot. About 10-15 min. later the manager of the establishment comes out and serves an entire new dish with new fish and potatoe. The food looked great and was very hot. He apoligizes for the food quality and lets us know the dish will not be charged to us on the bill. He did a very nice job of making a bad situation right. He was friendly and so nice about the experience. We did not think the waitress was very good, but the manager did a very nice job of making the meal a much better experience.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Sat at bar since they were so crowded. Had new lobster fest maine and rock lobster. Great! Service is good as well. A bit expensive but worth it.

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I decided to try something different for lunch. We ordered the Grilled Shrimp Skewers with rice and broccoli. This was a bargain at a cost of $7.75. You don't get a salad, but you do get plenty of fresh biscuits. WILL ORDER THIS AGAIN!

Melissa K. did a great job serving us!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

It's pretty much the same everywhere. Service was just ok but they were super busy. Food was typical Red Lobster. We enjoyed it and would come back.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

What can I say, the food was good. Nothing that makes me jump up and say " hey I can't wait to go back to Red Lobster". The atmosphere blah...you get what you pay for. Elegance comes at a higher price. Will I eat at RL again? Sure I will, it's affordable and the food is good.

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!