“Not so much”
Review of Charlie R's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Charlie R's Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casual fine dinning. Steaks, Seafood, Chef Created Specialty Dishes, Pastas, Chicken, Pork, Salads, Full bar with T.V.S, Live entertainment at our Piano Bar Wed - Sat.
Tinley Park, Illinois
“Not so much”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Now under a new name--Charlie R's, because of threatened problem from the New York restaurant of the same name. In one word--Underwhelming. Went on a Saturday evening. The place was just this side of empty. The service was adequate with a couple of exceptions. There was no bread plate (although the rolls were the highlite of the evening for me) and when my wife ordered a beer they brought the bottle and she had to ask for a glass. The salad fixings (per my wife) seemed a little old and wilting. The food ( salmon, and 2 kinds of steak) was adequate, the best I can say. I ordered the au gratin potatoes. The potatoes were the same chunks used in the garlic fried and just covered with a cheese sauce. Not the way I am used to having that type of potato served. My future son-in-law commented that the décor made him think of a funeral home. First and probably the last visit here.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MrRodgers1952

petersburg il.
“love it!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great place. Great food. Friendly staff. I have to say that i do agree with the previous reviews stating that the atmosphere is out dated, but my family and I eat there every time we are in town and yet to have had a bad experience. By now between my family and I, we have tried just about everthing on the new menu and we love it! If you havent tried the place give it a shot. You wont be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Not good at all”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The decore is depressing and reminded us of eating in a funeral home.The filet medalions that I had were odd tasting with a spongy texture. My wife ordered a salmon and crab entree and it turned out to be a small peice of salmon, smothered on a gooey cheese and topped with crushed crab meat. It was unappealing to the palet and looke dterrible.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jimc82
Springfield, Illinois
“This place is not what it is cracked up to be!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We have been here several times previously for business and thought maybe the food and service was due to a very large group but not the truth! I ordered a filet and the outside was burned and inside was bleeding, I ordered it medium. Being known for steaks I would not expect this. Salads can come out of bag, and way overpriced food! Around $20-25/plate at least. And the food does stack up to this price

1 Thank eyenurse2
Springfield
“Elegance in dining!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

A superb atmosphere of fine dining with quality menu items and service. The piano bar area offers comfortable entertainment while dining on weekends.

Visited December 2012