“Good, not great”

Saputo Twins Corner
Ranked #13 of 485 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Ulm, Minnesota, United States
“Good, not great”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us at our hotel. We enjoyed eating at an outside table, but our server was not particularly warm--just "business-like" I felt the cracker basket was unnecessary. Sure, the bread would be more expensive, but also more authentic! I had the baked ravioli with meatballs and to be honest, while the meatballs were big, they didn't taste much different than I remembered the canned pasta with meatballs I had a long time ago. The sauce tasted similar to this canned pasta, also. It just wasn't as Italian as we were expecting...

Wheaton, Illinois
“Politically Correct!”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Great family style restaurant and very locally endorsed which is always a great recommendation. The breaded steak was interestingly fantastic and highly recommended. Overall service was fantastic and efficient.

Salem, Oregon
“Locals Recommended, Did not disappoint!”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We were at DFW waiting for our flight to Springfield, IL. The flight was running very late. In the boarding area my wife and I started talking to others waiting for the flight, they were heading home. I asked them where we should go for good lunch while we were just staying overnight in Springfield in Downtown, near the Lincoln sites. Two unrelated gentleman both stated Saputos is a great place for great Italian food for lunch or dinner. It was only a block from our hotel.

The next day after visiting the Lincoln Home we walked over to Saputos for lunch. We were quickly welcomed and shown to a table. I quickly figured out that this is a great family run place with many regular customers. They seemed to know many of the people that came in, but welcomed us out of towners. When they asked how we found them we told them about the story at the airport the night before. They were thrilled!! Then out lunch came out. My Ravioli was home made and perfect! My wife had they unique homemade lasagna, which was also great. Service was great and prices were too. We really enjoyed out meal here. I would highly recommend any tourist in Springfield interested in Lincoln should consider stopping here to eat!.

“Old world flavor”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Husband and I moved to Springfield about a year ago and hadn't made it here yet. We didn't make a reservation as their website said walk-ins welcome. We had to wait 30-40 minutes but the bar was available for drinks and we had an appetizer. Husband hot Chicken Parm which was HUGE and delicious! I got the baked rigatoni and loved it! The sauce is old school classic italian. Obviously homemade and wonderful. Nice layer of fresh cheese baked on top, I would get it again tomorrow!!

Joelton
“Good Italian”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

It took a while to be able to give our order and the restaurant wasn't that full. Our waitress was less than enthusiastic about serving (not very friendly-seemed distracted). BUT, the food was very good - nice Italian!

Visited July 2014