“A highly overrated (and...”

Augie's Front Burner
Reserve with OpenTable
Augie's Front Burner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 484 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: E Washington St
Description: Augie’s Front Burner is a locally owned, owner operated dining establishment that has served the Springfield area since 1997. Owner August Mrozowski is committed to offering all of his guests an exceptional, casual yet elegant, dining experience. A proud supporter of local businesses and local farmers, Augie’s Front Burner also offers catering for parties and special events.August Mrozowski, owner and chef of Augie’s Front Burner, started his culinary career in Springfield at the age of 13. Following in his father’s footsteps, he developed a passion for the culinary arts and worked at the Cafe L'Europe in Sarasota Florida for 19 years. In 1992, August opened his own restaurant, and in 1997 he returned home where he opened Augie’s Front Burner in Springfield. Augie’s overriding desire is to present his guests with the freshest and most interesting products available on the market. A strong supporter of other local businesses, Augie can be spotted weekly in the local farmers’ markets; he makes a point of knowing the best seasonal items that are available and creates his menus around those products. August’s creative flair can clearly be seen when it comes to his food presentation. He believes that fine dining is a multi-sensory experience, and he ensures that each plate is constructed and garnished beautifully so that when it arrives at the table, diner’s are ready to take in a flavorful, texture-filled culinary delight.
Urbana, Illinois
“A highly overrated (and...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2008

A highly overrated (and overpriced) restaurant. Some of the food is excellent. I recommend trying it for lunch.

1 Thank ScottSSpringfield

San Antonio, Texas
“Awesome meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2008

My husband and I just returned home to the St. Louis area from having a wonderful meal at Augies with my niece and her husband. They live in Springfield and eat here frequently.
I had a fantastic potato encrusted grouper and the fried cheesecake - it was all very delicious. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the lobster bisque - just a little too thin for my lking. But all in all it was well worth the money and we'll be back. Just glad I hadn't read the previous review about the mouse!!!

chicago, il
“This place has MICE and poor customer service!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2007

I dined at this restaurant with 3 friends on 10/2/07. The food was delicious. What we had a problem with is the MOUSE that was running around inside the restaurant. When we brought it to the attention of our waiter who was also the manager (Carl,) he joked about it and blew us off. When I expressed that it was a health issue, not a laughing matter, he asked "what am I supposed to do, I can't do anything about it until we close." Honestly, the mouse did not bother me as much as the reaction of the manager. My friend called the health department to file a complaint. I will never return to this restaurant. At $25 a plate, I expect better customer service.

6 Thank angelachicago
Seattle, Washington
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2007

My wife and I joined a colleague and his wife for a lovely dinner at Augie's.

The food was well-prepared and served promptly. Each of us had something different, ranging from chicken breast stuffed with sausage to tuna with wasabe mashed potatoes, scallops, and even lamb. None of us was disappointed.

Prices were pretty reasonable as well; the four of us with two drinks apiece came to $130 before gratuity -- quite good for a fine dining restaurant. We enjoyed it, and won't hesitate to return.

1 Thank TheTravelPro_us
chicago, Illinois
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2007

While visiting Springfied this Sept we were lucky enough to just drop in Augie's front burner for lunch.. This is a lovely little resturant
the servers are friendly and keep in touch. We ordered a salad
and sandwitch and split between the two of us.. More than enough
and the food was excellent.. We will return to Augie's !!

2 Thank Julie J