“Wonderful food and service that I recommend to all.”
Review of Sebastian's Hideout - CLOSED

Sebastian's Hideout
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monroe Street
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Recommended by a local and did not disappoint. Fine dining with great presentation. Veggies were delightful. If ever in Springfield again I will be sure to revisit Sebastian's.

There are newer reviews for Sebastian's Hideout

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Beet salad is outstanding. Simple yet complex. All four meals received rave reviews!

Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and I ate at Sebastians this summer while visiting family in Springfield. We are consider ourselves goodies I guess and were pleased to see they had a tasting menu. We thought it looked fun so we both ordered it. It was fantastic and totally worth the money. What was suprising to me was the care and technique that was put into the dishes, but wasn't really talkedabout in the menu or from our waitress. I believe two items on the menu were sous vide yet it was not advertised that way or mentioned to us from the waitress. I found this interesting since this this is pretty advanced cooking technique and is something a restaurant should be bragging about. Anyway, our meal was very lovely and it's nice to see a restaurant in Springfield taking their food to a new level. My only advice to the restaurant would be to advertise the tasting menu
More, advertise your sous vise more and train your staff to know more about the food they are serving. We will be back again though!

Also sent my inlaws there and they loved the tasting menu with wine pairing as well.

3  Thank trippinmama
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Chose Sebastian's based on TripAdvisor.com reviews and was very happy we did. Very romantic place, dark but not too dark with very comfortable (and large) booths. The wife and I were lucky enough to score the back booth, which was very isolated to the rest of the restaurant.

Food was excellent - I had the lamb and the wife had chicken...both dishes were fantastic, as were the side dishes. Service was very good - we had a very hard working, attentive waitress who was wondeful.

1  Thank Longshots
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We had read reviews of this restaurant and faced with the choices of Maldaner's, Augie's and Sebastian's, after reviewing their menus, decided Sebastian's was more our style. We had an early dinner -- and the food was amazing. Husband chose the pork loin with polenta that had an out-of-this-world barbecue sauce (seriously - this sauce was amazing). I had the tuna steak with veg and rice -- the tuna was cooked perfectly, and the accompanying jasmine rice and veg were really good -- I almost couldn't finish my serving because there was so much -- and it was so tasty! The second night in Springfield, we wound up going back (again, because the other restaurants just weren't catching our eye, and we knew we had a great dinner before). This time, the husband had a chicken dish (he wasn't so wild about the mushrooms, but the chicken was good) and I chose the salmon - again, perfectly cooked and delicious. Sorry to say, no idea about the desserts here -- too full to try any. I would probably had more room if I had been able to pass up the little warm rolls that came before dinner --- I could have eaten just those for my meal.

I will say, this place is a bit pricey. However, it was our little vacation - so we tend to treat ourselves and then go back to being frugal once we get home. We both thought the atmosphere in the restaurant was very intimate, and the service was great -- perfect for a special dinner.

2  Thank Naberius