“New owners, fresh ideas.”
Review of Indigo Restaurant

Indigo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Indigo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 485 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Robbins Rd
Description: Central Illinois premier fine dining destination. Providing fine dining with a groove since 1988.
Springfield, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New owners, fresh ideas.”
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Over the past few years Indigo has in fact lost it's luster, but I think there's a new suprise in store for Springfield.

I recently went in around August and noticed the drink menu had totally been transformed. The $5 drink of the week was Watermelon Zing. Spicy and delicious!! Made with fresh watermelon and jalapeno with grapefruit vodka. My husband ordered the Impeached, makers mark with lime and peach puree. Absolutely delicious!!

We ordered a few of the new featured appetizers, one of which was the hot dates! delicious!! I could not get enough. little dates stuffed with pecans and blue cheese, wrapped in bacon. We also tried the "Rock". A very unique idea. Served with a flaming hot rock, it is thinly sliced marinated steak. Made for a very fun date for us married folks :)

The service was great, I would recommend Audrey or Ruthanne. very nice ladies that catered to our every request.

The new owners seem to be spicing up the place a bit with menu items and drinks. Also they've made some interior changes. Dim lighting still, but added lamps on the ceiling and very cool blue bar lights.

cannot wait to get another chance to go out!! very ready to try more things on the menu.

1 Thank classylady305

Springfield
“Expectation: Excellent Conclusion: Mediocre”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I have dined here many times over the years. Sadly, the experience has gone down like the stock market did over the same period of time!

Atmosphere: Dark, tea lights on tables, trying for a "posh" look

Most Recent Visit: A Friday evening at 7:30 p.m. , only 6 tables with occupants

Service: Staff was friendly, but our party was not checked on during the main course to confirm that "food was good" or "Is there anything I can get you?"

Food: Yellow fin Tuna was mediocre (compared to other restaurants in Springfield that offer this course) and the New York Strip was dry and flavorless.

Price: $25 for the Strip and $19 for the tuna

Pros: Something different as far as atmosphere, dim lighting was a plus in my book

Cons: Food and service did not merit the price for entrees, many of the tables were literally fold-away tables you would come across at a garage sale (though cleverly disguised by white table cloths)

Note to Self: When you enter any restaurant on a Friday evening at 7:30 and see only 6 tables occupied, there's typically a reason. This restaurant used to be the "it spot". Due to food quality lowering over time as well as competitors making headway (Sebastians, Ross Issac, etc) this establishment sadly may not be around 5 years from now.

Springfield, Illinois
“What happened????”
Reviewed February 17, 2010

First I will start by saying this was one of our favorite restaurants! We come here only a few times a year, but have for the last few Valentine's Days. In the last several years it was a must to make reservations several weeks before Valentine's Day just to get a table! So, this year as before we did the same. On arriving, my husband told the man at the desk that we had reservations, he never asked our name or even pretended to look for them. I started looking around and realized that the restaurant was less than half full and it was 7:00p.m. This was a red light to me right away knowing how it usually was. Next when we were greeted at our table my husband asked for specials as usually they had a "Valentine's Day Special" which consisted of a full meal from appetizer to dessert. We have had this the prior years. But no, we were told that there were no specials. We gave our drink order which were for margaritas on the rocks, no salt. Moments later they arrived full of salt! The glasses were smaller than usual as well. The salads are not part of the meal anymore, but we went ahead and ordered the house salad. It arrived on a small bread plate. That was odd and a step down. Also, very difficult to keep the lettuce on this little plate. The hummus and olive plate arrived which is standard for this restaurant but much smaller than before as well. We asked for a glass of wine with dinner and it was not only a very small wine glass but about 1/4 full. I had the salmon, which I usually have, but this time I did not like the sauce at all. (Could just be a matter of taste.) My asparagus that was said to come with the meal amounted to three tiny ones. My husband had the steak and this was good, but smaller than usual. We did order a decaf coffee but with both my husband and I not able to sleep, we have to wonder if we did receive a decaf or not. The atmosphere has changed. Before we felt welcome and that our business was appreciated, now we felt like they didn't care whether we were there or not. I can't completely place my finger on it, but we were both disappointed at the decline. We will not go back.

1 Thank Gidiup
springfield, illinois
“I will never go back”
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I will never go back. The food is not worth the price, it was one step up flame broiling at Burger King. The decor is a joke. The tables are fold-ups from Sam's Club. The chairs are upholstered as if their we part of a high school craft project. The fake art work is an insult to George Blue Dog Rodrigue. The worst part about eating at Indigo is that the service is bad and the owners don’t care because people keeping coming back. Go to the Old Lux, Café Brio, Fritz’s or if you’re a snob Sebastian’s if you want high dinning in Springfield

1 Thank ohnojoe
USA
“Weak!”
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Food is horrible and the staff just doesnt get it. Mussels tasted like sewer and the overall experience was a huge waste of time & gas money.

1 Thank DrWorld